Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone collections department?

Steve_McDonald
1: Seeker

Hello,

First post on here - hoping somebody is able to help.

I have had my Vodafone account for almost ten years and 99% of the time have been able to keep up to date with my bill. On the 4/5 occasions that I've had problems paying my bills I used to call collections and agree to pay half now ad half with the next bill or something along those lines without any problems.

Nowadays I cannot seem to find a collections number, and the last couple of times I have agreed a promise to pay via live chat, only for the 3 lines on my account to be disconnected anyway.

I know it is my responsibility to pay the bills on time, but sometimes this isn't always possible for myself. This month I am £50.00 short (have paid £150.00 of my £200 bill) and I was wondering whether there is anyway that anybody at Vodafone can agree a promise to pay whereby the lines won't be cut off until I get paid in two weeks time and can pay the arrears. My account is not currrently overdue as the remainder of the payment is only due today.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Andy.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Only customer services via 191 can agree to an arrangement of this type. 

Please do be aware such payment arrangement can be reported on a person's credit file. 

They are large bills. May I ask what's racking those up ? I ask as customer services maybe able to look at your alloemaves or we here as customers can perhaps suggest ways of better using your alloemaves. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Steve_McDonald

As far as is known there is no longer a department to contact direct.  The only thing you can do is to make the arrangement with live chat or Customer Services.  If you are setting up a promise to pay regularly, this may not be something they are prepared to do and you could well find late payment markers against your credit file.

The problem you are going to have is when you are behind with your payments and owe money, Vodafone may restrict the services on all lines to incoming only until the account is up to date.

I hope you will be able to come to an agreement with Vodafone.

Thanks.

The reason for the high bills is due to the fact that I have a friend on my account, and also a £50 excess fee this month.

There was also another number on there, which, despite not being used for almost a year, and numerous requests to cancel it prior to the contract end date in October, wasn't cancelled until this month. I went in to the Vodafone Store with written notice in September and in November however on neither occasion was this letter relayed to Customer Services and apparently there's no trace of me requesting to cancel. I guess they think I must have just wanted to pay Vodafone an extra £22 a month for the fun of it!

I guess my best bet is to try and borrow the money!

Thanks,

Andy.