Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone-provided iPhone 5c unlocking

smfarrow
2: Seeker

Hello,

Having an issue with receiving an NUC number. I am being told that Vodafone does not have an IMEI number on record for my phone. This phone I received directly from Vodafone. I am told that it is standard for Vodafone to lock iPhones for the length of a contract (mine is 24 months).

However, Vodafone cancelled my contract when they should have given me a month's notice so I rushed out to get a replacement SIM. Obviously then it became apparent my phone would not let me do this. So Vodafone have now reinstated my contract and this has meant that my NUC request was denied as I haven't had a contract for 3 months. I then had this reinstated by Vodafone. I have re-requested my NUC number and as yet have received no response - I have contacted Apple who say that the 24 month auto-unlocking is set by Vodafone.

Am I able to unlock my phone before the 24 months? Why are NUC resolutions not contactable via phone? I have seen several messages that suggest you can end up waiting for months to get a response from this team.

Anyone had a similar issue? Help!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The criteria is that on pay monthly x3 bills have to be paid on time. 

On payg it's using the sim card making calls etc for 30 days. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Unlocking-your-phone-NUC/td-p/2421880

You could ring 191 or use Live Chat and ask them to.fill in the form and or provide you with the email for nuc resolutions so you can contact them direct. 

The nuc team are not customer facing so all.contact is made via customer services, an email or the unlocking form. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

smfarrow
I'm afraid you've misunderstood - I have been in a contract for 23 months. They incorrectly cancelled it when I gave notice. I've filled in the online form - it tells me incorrectly I haven't been a customer for 3 months and I have emailed the nucresolutions but they ask for you to wait 10 days to reply - this seems absurd considering a short phone call could quickly resolve the matter as when I called 191 they were able to see immediately how long I had had a contract on the phone for.

BandOfBrothers

It sounds to me like Vodafones systems are not recognising your length of time in contract due to this break that shouldn't have happened. 

I hope they resolve this asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@smfarrow

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team so we can help with this.

For anyone else with the same issue, please contact customer service.