Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone won't blacklist IMEI!!!!

jennifer88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello, I'll try and cut a very, very long story short...

I lost my phone in October last year, reported it to police and Vodafone the same day and was told it had been blocked and a new sim was on its way.

My insurance company informed me the IMEI number had not been blacklisted so told me to get back in touch with Vodafone to make sure it's done.

Nearly 3 months have gone by, I've rung countless times and been told it'll definitely be done in 24 hours, and another lady said 3 days. I've been put on hold for half an hour, and once I was actually hung up on. I've tried speaking to the live online support people and again was told it'll definitely be done but it hasn't.
I used the online complaint form listing dates and details of all the times I've been in contact but never had any reply, so then I rang the complaints line to lodge a complaint, the woman I spoke to said she'd contacted the department that would be able to blacklist the IMEI and assured me they had made it a priority and said she'd ring me when it'd been done....it's been over a week and I STILL haven't heard anything.

I'm honestly at my witts end. My insurance company won't replace the phone without the IMEI being blacklisted, and I'm paying £45 a month for a contract I'm not using as I don't have a phone to put the sim card in!!!!

I'm seriously considering cancelling my payment to Vodafone in the hope it spurs them on to actually block the flipping IMEI but I don't want to get myself in trouble for not paying.

Does anyone have any advice please?!?!

Jenny
60 REPLIES 60

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I'm not surprised your unimpressed at this. 

1st don't cancel your direct debit as doing this and then withholding payment puts you in the wrong which will have ramifications such as restricted services, fees, and in the extreme a Default on your Credit File which lasts 6 years and then the possibility of debt collection agencies.  

Let the Vodafone Tech support team here catch up with your thread and engage with you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jennifer88 We're sorry to hear about your experience. 

Please contact our team directly using the details from the private message I've sent to your inbox. 

We'll investigate further once you've got in touch. 

Hi,

I am in a very similar position at the moment. Last month i was on holiday in spain and had my phone stolen out my pocket, and i phoned vodafone and asked for my phone to be blacklisted, and was told it would be done. I then recieved a confirmation email saying my sim card was blocked and so i forwarded this to my insurance, who then told me that my device was not showing up as blacklisted on the system and that i should get vodafone to blacklist the IMEI specifically. countless emails and phonecalls, and a month later, it is still not blacklisted. The first time i was told vodafone cant blacklist the phone because i bought it from carphone warehouse, (note that my contract is with vodafone) but carphone warehouse cannot blacklist it as they are not a service provider. They have assured me of this both on the phone and in person. the next few times i phoned vodafone i explained this, and they assured me that my phone would be blacklisted in the next few days. Again and again i then get an email saying "we cannot send you confirmation of blacklisting as your device is not blacklisted". I have pretty much ran out of options and am still paying for a phone which i have not had for a month. Any help would be splendid.

hrym

Hang on for the forum team.   They'll be able to find out what's going on.   A blocking request, if correctly submitted by someone identified as the phone owner, should be actioned immediately, of course.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had @JamesJ96.

So we can help get this resolved, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch.

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for your private message, but unfortunatley the link that says "click here" is not working, and the message appears half finished :(. It ends at your.

Edit: Never mind, found it :smileylol:

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesJ96 - I'm pleased you've got this sorted now. :Smiling:

Let us know your email reference number from the auto reply (this will look like [#1689056] and we'll check we've received it.

Hi,

I got a phonecall from vodafone about my message 2 days ago, just waiting on email confirmation now of blacklisting. :smileyhappy:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @JamesJ96.

Should you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to our latest email :smileyhappy: