Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Worst Service Ever

anobeithiol
8: Helper
8: Helper

Literally wasted all my day on web chats and phone calls to customer services. All i am trying to is add a data cap to one of my lines. Have tried the text to 40506 and for some reason it it not setting up. Eventually someone in customer services got technical support to sort it and then 5 min later i get a text advising its now been switched off and then a text to my other number thanking me for ordering a £20 data pack to a different number. Not a happy bunny!! I have been a Vodafone customer for over 10 years but the service recently is just rubbish. 

I eagerly await another call back that I am suspecting will not happen so i also suspect i will be wasting most of tomorrow on the phone. 

:Smart_Phone: :Smiley_face_with_shades:

5 REPLIES 5

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@anobeithiol Sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused.

You can add a UK data cap via logging into your My Vodafone account online. 

- Manage your account

- Manage your extras

- Under the 'Manage data' drop down, click 'Manage these services' 

- Scroll down to 'UK data cap' and turn it on.

Let us know how you get on. :smileyhappy:

Already tried that Alex and comes up with an error, 'your request cannnot be completed at this time.' Also tried via the text message and app and still does not set up. Comes back with a text message saying caps are not available on this plan. Its a new plan from Feb 2017 that will allow caps. I've seriously had enough of the incompetance of Vodafone customer service today. Just gong around in circles but they will be happy enough to charge when my son goes over his data,

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@anobeithiol We'd like to help you with this. :smileyhappy:

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I think its now been resolved after about another 2 hours on the phone. Emailed the CEO and Customer Relations Specilaist team have sorted the issue despite Customer Services saying it could not be done, 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@anobeithiol Thanks for letting us know. :smileyhappy:

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused, we're glad to see that it has now been resolved for you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.