Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

extremely poor customer service

paulhammill
2: Seeker

On the 8th of January i upgraded to a sim only deal.

8GB of Data

2GB of data  (FOC for 12 months)

Unlimted mins and texts

Towards the end of the billing month I started to get messages stating that my data was running low and i could opt in to a chargeable bundle even though I had 2 GB of data remaning. The next morning I had no data at all. I contatced Customer Services who advised me via web Chat to remove the data cap via sending a text message. I refused as this would then add charges to my account. They then stated I wouldnt be able to use my data untill they resolve the issue. I then made a further phone call and they explained that they (Vodafone) would place 1GB onto my account while they investigate further. Vodafone placed a £6 credit on my account to cover the 1GB

Last monday vodafone customer complaints contated me after I sent them email stating I would like to close my account. The agent stated he would be able to provied a PAC code but in a way of compensation he offered me two free months. The agent told me that everything on my account would be sorted and that they would be no further issues. I accpeted this and was lead to belive that everything would be ok!  He ammeded my account to show that I had 10GB of data and that showed on the mobile app.

On sunday i noticed my account had an additational charge on my account of £6. Which was for a re occuring 1GB of data. I was promised last monday that all the issues have been resolved. I made an additional complaint on sunday PM regarding the charges to my account.

Any Advice?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Things can sometimes go wrong which I'm sure many accept, but then it's ultimately down to how it's put right that then counts ,and instills confidence back into the product and service. Communication is Key. 

For Vodafone to drop the ball and then instigate a resolution bit to then drop the ball again is disappointing. 

Vodafone Tech Teams read all posts here and will help where they can. Please give them a little time to reach your thread and hopefully instill some confidence back into their services. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @paulhammill

The data add on rolls over on a month to month basis and if you no longer need the extra 1GB data, you need to opt out.  This you have now done and there should be no further charge.

If it was not explained to you that the extra data allowance was on a monthly rollover basis, Vodafone may be able to give you a £6.00 goodwill credit for the extra data charge.

If you use live chat, this should be simple enough for them to address and they should be able to answer any other account questions you have with your new SIM only contract.  By using live chat, you will be able to download a transcript of the chat to keep for your records.

If you still have questions after contacting live chat, please come back to the forum for further help.

paulhammill
The main problem I have is the fact that I had the option to cancel and get my PAC code. I was told that the 1GB was removed. Vodafone compensated me and then not followed through they're promises

AnnS

Hi @paulhammill

Fair enough, if Vodafone have compensated you, it will be by way of a billing credit.

When Vodafone give a refund as a credit, if your bill for this month has already been produced as it would have been, it will be too late to add the credit and the refund as credit will be on your following months bill.

If you want to leave and use the PAC code, you are free to do, providing you keep the direct debit open, any refund will then go straight back to your bank.  If you cancel the DD, it will leave Vodafone without any account to repay the credit.

The best thing to do is have a live chat, they have the necessary account access.  At the very least they will be able to clarify things for you and you have the option of downloading the after chat transcript for your records and proof of what has been promised.

Hi @paulhammill

I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Please speak to the team on Live Chat and we'll look into it further. 

Thanks,