Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

old account

STEAMMAN
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi   how  do u  find   Vodafone     in trying to  help  when if  u  have been ill like  i  have,  in getting me out of the mess I  am in now?

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@STEAMMAN

I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances and I'm glad to hear you're now feeling better.

So we're able to look into this for you, I've sent you a private message. 

Please follow the instructions provided and a member of the team will be happy to help.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @STEAMMAN

Could you let me know what's happened? We'll be more than happy to help however we can.

Thanks,

Will

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @STEAMMAN

Andy,

Can you elaborate a little as to what's happening to you. 

Are you still a Vodafone U.K. Customer?

What's the "mess" your in ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi  u  still there

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @STEAMMAN

Could you let us know what's happened exactly? I'm not sure if you've seen my previous message.

Thanks

But  why  did  i  not get any letters   from any one  saying  why?

BandOfBrothers

From my knowledge Vodafone would try various means of contacting an account holder if they are unable to collect payment.

As you lost your SIM card thry wouldn't have been able to phone or text you unless you had an alternative contact number on your account. 

They may send written correspondence.

In regards to adding a Default to your Credit File thry do not have to advise you of this. 

One of the last resorts is passing your details to a Debt Collection Agency and adding a Default. 

Current Phone  >

Thank  you   we  have  lived  here  this past   two  years  with  this being  our  addresss,   belive me   would  not  have     not answered   letters  ect

or  emails.

I  had  another  issue    that  happened  because   of   my  illness,  I  had to get  my MP  involved  so  may be  I  should do it again,  all I  want is  some one to treat me  with a bit of   care.as  above.

thanks  again  Andy

BandOfBrothers

I totally appreciate your circumstances concerning the situation and again I understand the difficulties you will have faced with your health. 

I hope my personal opinion as a fellow customer and support I've provided concerning your decision to stop the Direct Debit thus stopping payments to Vodafone, which has had these follow on ramifications has helped.

I wish you all the best.

Current Phone  >

Hi  Andy  here  I  had  kidney  failure   2/3 years  ago,  and to  say   the  kidney  is   a  good thing   is true,     all the toxims    were  going  round  my  brain    and  it does  funny things to u,  any away  I  had a trasplant  18  months  ago  after that   I  wanted to get a new  phone got  a SIM only  pay  though   bank every  month  which  was fine, 

Then I  lost my phone on a train going to  hospital,  and due to  a muck up it  was not at  Cambridge  Station   when I  went  back  4   weeks later 

for treatment.  The  Train company  gave  me the run round   I never got it back,  paying  for  my acout   in this time   come   Oct   last yeat   I think  can not remember what date  I  stopped the  DD from bank, I know NOW   should have told  vodaphone  just did not think.

Then got a letter  from  a  company  NOT  vodaphone   saying  pay  up   I  wrote to them  telling them the story  giving them  details  of my  oppperation   did not hear  any thing  more till  this week  saying pay up  or else.   am so worried   I  did go to a shop when I  got the  first  letter,  manager  said nothing to do with them which is  why  I  wrote to them.  so worried    donot know what to do/  please  tell me  what to do......  andy