Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"Free" MMS offer

peanuckle
4: Newbie

On the 6th December I received a text from Vodafone offering me 50 free UK picture messages (expiring 12/12/16), I activated them and once confirmed I sent 10 picture messages.

My bill was issued on January 6th and included £7.15 extra charges (for said pictures. I spoke to the online chat support on the 7th who confirmed I shouldn't have been charged and said the over charge would be credited  to my account. I received a (badly spelt) text from a different number almost immediately confirming a £7 credit, not sure what happened to the 15p?

After allowing a few days for the online system to update there is no sign of the credit, my bill remains the same and, for some reason, there is now a picture message add on showing with 10/50 messages sent but no expiry date?

Any suggestions where the refund might be? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I'd this was my situation I'd ring Customer service on 191 as they too have account access and should be able to.check your account then notes. 

Sometimes refunds can take up to 30 days. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I'd this was my situation I'd ring Customer service on 191 as they too have account access and should be able to.check your account then notes. 

Sometimes refunds can take up to 30 days. 

Current Phone  >

I've spoken to 191 and it appears to be sorted. I can't confirm until after the payment date but thank you for the advice.

BandOfBrothers

I hope it has too:)

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @peanuckle

I guess this was a 'free' trial to the extra MMS monthly roll over bundle which Vodafone can add for 100MMS chargeable at £2.50 per month and this should have been explained in the text.  The standard charge for sending an MMS is 55p per message.

If you are due a credit refund as confirmed in the text message sent to you, when your bill has already been produced for the monthly billing period, the credit will be showing on the following months bill.  

If you do not receive the credit on your February bill, please come back to the forum for further help and advise.

It may be worth checking that the add on has been cancelled, this can be done by contacting live chat or calling Vodafone.