Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Better upgrade deals at carphonewarehouse

DCARAMUS
3: Seeker

Im just looking at the upgrade deals vodafone have offered me ..

How is it that the carphonewarehouse can offer me a better deal on Vodafone ..... than vodafone themselves ?

I thought as I've been loyal to vodafone I'd get a better deal !!!!!

15 REPLIES 15

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, there are a few reasons for this, these include not having to pay for and run a network, they can reduce their profits to entice new customers etc.

Vodafone can offer some good deals, these tend not to be on the latest iphones etc. try ringing up and chosing the the thinking of leaving option, you will get the retentions department and they may be able to offer a good deal.

Hi

This is the deal vodafone are offering 12gb , unlimited calls and text ... £20 upfront costs for the handset and £52 per month. ....

Same deal on carphonewarehouse £42 per month,  £9.99 upfront ....... so in total  £250 cheaper going to the carphonewarehouse .....

Why isn't loyalty rewarded ...... I did phone vodafone and explained the deal to them.... they weren't bothered at all ....... so when they say it's an upgrade offer ...... its not ..... 

63johnw

Try requesting your PAC code, once you have it you would normally receive a call asking why you are leaving, you may then be able to try and negotiate for a better deal.

Why should you have to threaten to leave to be offered a better deal?

Reminds me of the insurance industry where they reward you for staying by charging you more.

Scandalous IMHO.

DCARAMUS
Well it was worth phoning vodafone. ......
The deal I was offered was as follows 12gb , unlimited calls and text...... free hand set total cost £39.00 .

The only thing is now vodafone have sent the handset to my old address EVEN THOUGH I UPDATED MY DETAILS WEEKS AGO. ... Im very unimpressed to say the least !!!!!!

You have to remember that Vodafone is a giant with a multitude of systems so they can sometimes get addresses wrong. HOWEVER, if you have been offered a good deal over the phone, you had better get it in writing ASAP. I was offered a great deal to stay - 3GB for the price of 1GB but when my next bill came, my package was still at 1GB. When customer services tried to find the recording of when I was offered the 3GB deal, lo and behold, they couldn't find it. GREAAAT!!

I didn't care too much because I use WIFI most of the time anyway.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DCARAMUS Were you able to arrange for your phone to be sent to the correct address? If not, please contact our Live Chat team who will be able to assist with this.

Just going through the same thing, discussed with online help, they weren't bothered, discussed with advisor on phone tonight and was told carphone warehouse probably do have better deals and to go and check their deals, absolutely dumbfounded at this attitude, 

got to admit I did want to stay with Vodafone but starting to think otherwise, upgrade due this week, contract ends February seriously thinking of leaving in February, then my wife's phone would be next later this year followed by my sons next year, that's three contracts going, not a lot in the big picture I know 3 contracts but it's a large chunk of my money.

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Msgarnett

I'm sorry to hear about the level of service you've been receiving.

What kind of deal are you looking for? We're not an upgrades team but we may be able to help you with finding the best person to talk to.