Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Beyond frustrated - migrating monthly number to PAYG

lloyd_evans
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm a Vodafone customer of over 18 years.

I contacted customer services on 1 Feb to request that the same Vodafone monthly contract number I've had all this time be migrated to Pay As You Go.

Instead of migrating the number to PAYG, the number was disconnected on 28 Feb.

I've contacted customer services daily since then and each time I'm told it will take 24 hours.

I've been left with no service which I rely on for work and nobody in customer services takes this seriously.

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

What a nightmare :Sad_face:

The conversion from Pay Monthly to Payg should only take 30 days. 

Is the number not ringing if you dial it ?

if a number is deactivated then its put into quarantine for a while before being placed back in the number pool to be re issued out. 

What have Customer Services advised thus far ?

I think asking Customer Services to escalate this to a SuperUser Agent may help. 

You can escalate further via the avenues in > Vodafone code-of-practice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply.

No my number doesn't ring, it has been disconnected. Customer services even acknowledged the mistake.

I've spoken to customer services (online) daily since the disconnection. Each time they say a request has been made / and or prioritised and it will take 24 hours - yet nothing happens.

It's really frustating - especially as I'm self employed and rely on that number for work.

I've just submitted a complaint online and requested that a superuser helps with this.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lloyd_evans

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.