Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Port Forwarding

DARYLDCRUZ8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Could I have some clear instructions as to how I can set up port forwarding on my vodafone connect router,I have got a static IP address.

regards

Daryl

48 REPLIES 48

Hi is it possible to use port mapping to connect my ipcam with an iP address that is lower than my router?? Just spent an hour on chat with it and they could not connect it ? Many thanks in advance  

Just to update here, I ended up leaving vodafone and going back to p***net as after much faffing around and even trying different routers port forwarding was still blocked. Even the support guy on the phone said he thought that was my only option as I'd done everything correctly. What a shame!

Oh thats not good news, just signed up and need to connect an ip of 192.168.0.1 😥 but they say cant be done

I've ended up doing the same and have left Vodafone so if you have just signed up then I guess you've done it over the phone so if you are still inside the cool off period you can leave with out incuring any charges except for what ever services you have already used.

Are Vodafone support still saying port forwarding can't be done, I don't know why they are saying that as Im still able to port forward on

Firmware version
Bootloader version

I've managed to have some VOIP servers running, a Web Server and a samba server all off different devices.

Port forwarding is still working for me too.

I have a Mac Mini running on an internal IP address, connected only via WiFi to my Vodafone router.

Every 10 minutes a cron task makes a web request to my website, which logs its public IP address in a database (to deal with the occasions when the public address of my Vodafone router changes -which is not under my control).

I have set up port forwarding on my router and it's been working for months.

When I want to connect to my Mac Mini when away from home, I visit my website, check which public IP address has been logged most recently by the script and then use the Screen Sharing feature in Mac OS X on my latop to connect back to my Mac Mini at home and check that it's behaving correctly - I use it with a USB freeview tuner to record nature documentaries etc.  It's been working fine like this for me for over a year, although the public IP address of the Vodafone router does change every few weeks.

Not sure what you mean by lower than your router.  I'm assuming that you're talking about the internal IP addresses rather than the public IP address that your router shows to the outside world.  In my case, my router has an internal IP address of 192.168.1.1 and I have port mapping set up to map some ports to a Mac Mini connected wirelessly, with internal IP address of 192.168.1.8  

I'm not aware of a particular reason why it should matter provided that the modem and IP webcam can communicate with each other.  

You do need to login to your Vodfone modem (probably at http://192.168.1.1 ), then select Expert Mode, then click on the Internet tab, then Port Management from the sidebar menu, then just map the ports you want to map and the IP address of the internal device / machine.  Admittedly all of mine are using internal IP addresses higher than the internal IP address of the Vodafone modem (e.g. 192.168.1.9) - and I managed that through the network settings for my various laptops to set a static internal IP address rather than allow dynamic DCHP and random allocation.  

Hi thanks for your response ,yes my camera has iP of 192.168.0.1 but router is 192.168.1.1 so its not possible to add tried port management but wont accept ip 

Is there anyway to manually chnage the IP of the camera since 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 are different IP ranges.

Is the camera set to static/manual is there anyway to change the IP address manually?

I can't connect to my camera as router won't pick up on cable or wifi, so can't change its ip, and camera only has power cable and ethernet port😥 i was hoping I could just add my camera manually