Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call forwarding not working

MickyG
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'd like some help with call forwarding as the support desk isn't interested in assisting as I'm not using a Vodafone handset.

When I originally took out the contract, call forwarding worked fine, but at some point in the last 3-4 months it's stopped working. I've also had ongoing issues with being incorrectly charged for data usage abroad which took months to resolve and eventually resulted in some services being reset on my account, perhaps this is connected to the issues?

When trying to forward calls using the handset I receive an "Unexpected response from the network" error. When trying to set diverts using the **61* etc codes I see "MMI codes started" and shortly afterwards receive the following error message "Call forwarding when no reply for All Basic Services Connection problem or invalid MMI code" - this happens for in all scenarios (i.e. **61*, **62*, **67* and **21*).

Looking at some related posts on the forum, I've tried resetting voicemail by dialling 1211 and 1212 but when doing that I receive a "sorry, we're unable to set your divert settings at this time, please try again later"

Logging in via the website, call forwarding appears to work but when setting options the following happens: If I choose "Voicemail" as the forwarding option, the number 440000 appears in the box below. Maybe this is correct and the number relates to some internal vodafone function as I know that's not the published voicemail number. Anyway, once this is set if I call my number it still forwards to a VisualVM service (Hullomail) that I set up previously.

If I cancel all forwarding, the call is still diverted to Hullomail even though the website settings are showing as "Don't forward any calls". When trying to enter a number when using the "To a different number..." option I receive a message telling me "Number must begin with either 01, 02 or 07". I know this is incorrect as the Hullomail service begins with 03. However, even if I enter an 07xx number, the call is still forwarded to the Hullomail service

This happens irrespective of location or handset - I've tried the SIM in a Galaxy S6 and an HTC M8 and the problem remains the same. I've also used a BT SIM in the phone and forwarding works perfectly.

The Vodafone support desk thinks it's not a Vodafone issue, I think the above demonstrates different. Given the support desk won't help, can anyone from Vodafone help me via this forum?

5 REPLIES 5

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MickyG

Thanks for getting in touch and for the information you've provided. 

We'll need to check your account and the number on the network, to see what's happening. 

Please get in touch following the details I've sent you in a private message.

Thanks, 

Did you get a solution for this, @MickyG

I'm having the very same issue. I have spent hours online and on the phone to voda and still no further. 

I had my voicemails forwarded to Hullomail, I then changed my voda number and call forwarding stops working. I've tried pretty much everything and Voda's "help" is pretty much the opposite.

Thanks

@thefaxmachine27

So we can have a look into this for you, please speak with our Live Chat team. They'll be able to escalate the issue to the Technical team for you if they're unable to resolve it themselves. 

davidhewitt
1: Seeker

I currently have this problem and Vodafone helpline has been unable to resolve

I am a business user with no mobile answerphone - not good at all

Has anyone any advice?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As a matter of interest, have you tried simply sending 1211?   If the service is working, this should turn it on.   You can also try 1210 (which turn it off), followed a while later by 1211.   There should also be individual options in the call section of your phone's settings menu.

If none of this works, there's a problem with the service and it needs resetting at Vodafone's end.