Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deadlock letter and complaint

niallsd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I, like many others on here have had no end of problems with Vodafone. A few months ago my price plan was changed so that I could no longer use Euro Traveller, this was done without my knowledge or consent. 

As far as I am aware this is a breach of contract and as such I should be able to cancel my contract. Once I had made a formal complaint I was told a deadlock letter would be issued.....that was 8 weeks ago and today I raised a case with the ombudsman.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I can understand why someone would be unimpressed at a change performed without any consultation. 

If the Ombudsman takes this on then they'll arbitrate on your behalf with Vodafone. 

Good luck. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Meannt to say in the original post - 8 weeks and still waiting for the deadlock letter.....

redpages

I'd hold fire and wait for a member of the Vodafone team to get in touch with you on this thread. If a deadlock letter has been issued then the advisor you spoke with should have logged sufficient notes on your account about what was discussed. Vodafone will then be able to chase this up for you. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

BandOfBrothers

@niallsd wrote:

Meannt to say in the original post - 8 weeks and still waiting for the deadlock letter.....

Mainly the Deadlock letter issued by Vodafone is if a person wants to engage the Communications Omsbudsman before the allowed 8 weeks is up. 

Now you've engaged the Omsbudsman it'll be taken out of the remit of here I believe, and arbitration will happen between higher level Vodafone Customer service and the Omsbudsman. 

Current Phone  >

I would guess so - I didnt think it would take Vodafone 8 weeks to issue the deadlock letter especially after a reminder and some tweets to check on progress. Given up now hence ombudsman.

BandOfBrothers

Hey,

A person can approach the Omsbudsman without Deadlock Letter if the 8 weeks timeframe to resolve the situation has passed. 

Current Phone  >

I know - I just wanted to give Vodafone a reasonable amount of time....which I feel I have done.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@niallsd Sorry to hear about this. 

If you wish to get in touch, I've sent you a private message