Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does rooting void my warranty?

carlinjack1
3: Seeker
Does rooting void my warranty? I have a problem with the screen of my lg g4 that I signed up to a pay monthly deal in September 2015. The problem is hardware based and no fault of my own (not accidental or liquid), so does this mean I can't get my phone repaired/replaced for free?
4 REPLIES 4

carlinjack1
I have an lg g4, does rooting it void my warranty? Even if the damage is not caused by the software? I have problem with screen? It has weird scratch marks in places reported by other lg g4 users, and the screen is slowly turning oranges in pools? But will I have to pay for fix?

Hi

If I may mention @thesoupdragon whos knowledge may help with your question. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you, I have posted them a message!

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Here is the answer I gave to carlijack1...

Hi there,

As far as Vodafone and most Manufacturers are concerned (LG included) Rooting your device WILL void your Warranty.

There are no exceptions to this!

Usually you can Install (Flash) an "Original" firmware that has come direct from a manufacturer. For example; restoring a Phone to a previous "Stock" firmware version.

If you suspect the screen is faulty you could send it away to be repaired. You can use Vodafone to do this (If the Phone was bought from Vodafone) or you can go directly to LG.

https://www.lg.com/uk/support/repair-warranty/request-repair-sign-in

Regards

TSD

Just to add if the damage to the screen is found to be accidental, then there might be a charge?

If the damage is found to be faulty hardware then it will be fixed under warranty, free of charge.