cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fibre broadband available then unavilable then decides whether to leave Vodafone

MUSTAFA86
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Am so annoyed with the situations I am having at moment...

I just moved in London recently, living there two months without broadband, I decided to join Vodafone as SIM Only Deal and Fibre broadband offers are excellent, hence that why I become Vodafone customer.

Monday 27th March 2017, I was keep checking on website number of times and spoke to two or three staff onliune advisors, they were claiming that Fibre broadband is available for my address so I decided to ordered, then Tuesday 28th, was told by Sales team that my order was cancelled because there was no space available in cabinet and it say connection line for my address was taken by BT, which I am bit baffled as I haven't contact or order through BT or other providers.

Yesterday and today, both BT and Vodafone was telling me that they can't do anything about, they asked me to contact Openreach, I was aware that customer can't contact Openreach as only providers can contact them...

I found number for Openreach but it look like answermachine with no options then hang up after message finish...

I am starting to think whether it was Vodafone intention to lure me in to become their customer so they could gain popularity, I don't want to believes that but at the moment, I am stuck in situations so I don't know what to do...

Examples:

1) Monday 27th March, website and staff onlines claimed that my address are available for Fibre broadband

2) Order cancellation due to no space available and Vodafone claimed that BT taken the connection line

3) Contacted BT, they claimed that no products active links to my address, which I find it bit baffled

4) Both BT and Vodafone asked me same thing to contact Openreach, no telephone number or customer service on Openreach, only providers can contact them...

I have 30 cooling days so might decides to leave Vodafone if they can't offer broadband services...

So any advices?

1 REPLY 1

Sarah_T
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MUSTAFA86

Cables are run from the green box to your house. The cables from the exchange to the green box are from Openreach, from the green box to your door is the Vodafone copper wire connection.

We only have a certain amount of space in the cabinet, as this is taken up we're unable to supply the fibre connection.