Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Firmware update - issues with Philips Hue Bridge

nyfc
3: Seeker

My router updated automatically to 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.6 at some point in the last couple of weeks and ever since then my Philips Hue Bridge has not been able to connect to the internet.  This means I can't control the lights remotely and cannot use the geolocation or link to IFTT.  

I've tried port forwarding directly to the bridge and turning off the firewall.  Neither have had any effect.  I have two Hue Bridges and neither connects any longer, both have a flashing third light on the bridge showing they are unable to connect to the internet.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

68 REPLIES 68

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@nyfc Argh! That's annoying! 
Unfortunately, you'll need to get in touch with the Broadband team and try to explain the problem to them. 
I fear it could be quite a task to get them to understand the magnitude of the issue, even if they do it's unlikely a fix will be available quickly.
I hope you can get something worked out quickly though, I use Hue as well and would be screwed if it stopped working for any period of time!

Domx360

Hui,

I've just switched to Vodafone Connect and I have the same issue.

1.. The Hue bridge has an IP that sits in the network,

2.. I can ping the Hue bridge,

3.. when my phone is connected to the network I can control the lights using the app, 

4.. I can use the Hue light switches to control the lights

I cannot use my phone when I am away from the network to control the lights remotely.

The Hue bridge internet status light just flashes constantly.

Is there nothing I can do to expose the Hue bridge to outside the Vodafone router?

Regards

Dom

Nabs

Just out of interest @Domx360 @nyfc are you able to control your lights from https://my.meethue.com/ ?

Hi,

Interestingly enough, I cannot see the bridge or my lights from the myhue website.

Any ideas?

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Domx360

We'll be happy to look into this for you. As stated by @Nabs, you'll need to contact our Broadband team directly.

You can call them on 08080 044 848 or speak to them via our Broadband Live Chat

Yes I too am having the same issue since the upgrade, looks like something Vodafone needs to look into!

HI,

So I can access the bridge from my IOS app, I changed the network settings from DHCP to a static IP.  After doing this, I could see the bridge settings on the myhue website.

I turned DHCP back on and I could still see the bridge and control my lights from the myhue website.

I still have an internet blue flashing light on my hue bridge.

Any ideas how to make the Vodafone Router let me access my lights when I am on my home network?

nyfc
I've not had time to do anything more to move this forward and am not likely to in the next few weeks. Does feel like it is going to be a difficult one to walk the technical team through though - I mean the issue is clearly there and has appeared for multiple users since the change in the recent firmware but my experience of first level technical support suggests it will be a painful process to escalate. Add this issue to the many reasons why using our own router would be highly preferable.....

Hi,

I've had some experience with the first line team.  Unfortunately I baffled them within the first few sentences, which puts me off even trying to speak to them.

Is there an easy method to get an escalation to more techincal staff that would have some idea of what sort of help we would need to resolve these types of problems?  (I have an issue with bth HUE lights and my Plex server).