Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Firmware update - issues with Philips Hue Bridge

nyfc
3: Seeker

My router updated automatically to 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.6 at some point in the last couple of weeks and ever since then my Philips Hue Bridge has not been able to connect to the internet.  This means I can't control the lights remotely and cannot use the geolocation or link to IFTT.  

I've tried port forwarding directly to the bridge and turning off the firewall.  Neither have had any effect.  I have two Hue Bridges and neither connects any longer, both have a flashing third light on the bridge showing they are unable to connect to the internet.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

68 REPLIES 68

No not yet. I just set it to an address which was outside my DHCP range to ensure it would not get a conflict but I will do that next. 

I had already tried the Port Forwarding setting on the router but that didn't work for me so that is not on either.

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Ah fair enough @andyjy
Was going to warn you about conflicts but you're already in it 😉

Hi all,

Is there any update at all from Vodafone on this?

I've gone back to basics, reset, reinstalled / set up from scratch.

Turned off DHCP on the Hue bridge, set up static IP's, set up port forwarding.  

Nothing at all enables me to control my lights outside of my home LAN.  The Hue Bridge's internet light is constantly flashing.

As the OP first mentioned in this thread, his Hue bridges internet light only started flashing after the latest Vodafone router update, so it make sense that its the router causing these problems.

Feedback and comment from Vodafone would be useful.

Legintoof

I have just got off of the phone with the broadband support team. Basically I have the same issue with my phillips Hue Bridge as all of you. Was told that they are looking into the the issue and that the Rep was not able to help me any further as third party apps are not supported etc. etc. - No result - well apart form an unhappy vodafone customer. 😞  Come on Vodafone, when will this be fixed?

Legintoof

I have the same issue as all of you. I spoke to Vodafone this morning and they just told me that they know this is an issue and are looking to find a fix for it. However we dont support 3rd party Apps and I ask if I could raise a ticket and was told "No".

Very dissapointed with Vodafone!

Ive tried everything to get it working and was not happy to be bundled off to the 3rd party provider i.e Phllips, when clearly it was working and is not a problem with the bridge.

If you consider odafone cannot even configure their own router to communicate between devices wirelessly and wired on a home network for 18 months I reckon you have zero chance of a speedy resolution

liam_bowers

I've found that if you set a proxy (I used one off here: http://free-proxy-list.net/uk-proxy.html) then it does actually register and work.

This obviously shouldn't be needed and is purely a stop-gap measure but it does get it up and running again.

So this begs the question of what is Vodafone doing with web traffic?

Hi - i'm not having any success with the fixes reported above (turning to static IP address allows access via myhue webpage remotely but not via the app or connection via IFTT, entering a proxy from free proxy doesn't seem to do anything).

On the latter, is there anything I am missing if I just selected a proxy address from the list on the link and add it to my hue bridge through the app when connected via LAN?

Thanks

liam_bowers
Just one addition to the above, choose one that supports SSL as the bridge requires it.

liam_bowers
No that sounds about right.

For what it's worth I've set a static IP in the settings and the following proxy:
Ip: 45.32.221.210
Port: 8080

It did take a little while to register (I didn't restart the device).