Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

For Those Leaving Vodafone Broadband

WillVXR
4: Newbie

Where are you going?

I have about 3 months left of my 18 months contract and would like to retain the Netgear router which I had to purchase to replace my useless Vodafone supplied router.

7 REPLIES 7

lyonsj400
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have about 6 months left and am weighing up the costs of paying early termination fees.. I was with BT before and most likely will be going back to them. The Vodafone broadband service for me has been quite stable, but the router is very basic and I need to do a lot more than surf the web. I want to use my own fancy router with all the bells and whistles but when VF categorically refused to give me my PPPoE login details - without a reasonable explanation, thats when we fell out.

I was with Zen Internet, then Demon, then BT - more than 10 years and no issues with any of them. They all happily let you use your own router.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lyonsj400 @WillVXR Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. 

If there's anything we can do to help, kindly let us know. 

I think what they want is quite simple. 

Provide a feature-rich router or allow third party router usage. You're not going to have happy customers if you reject both.

@ Rahim, sorry but this has to be said. Your post won the award for "Most Useless Post of December".

If you read recent posts made by the people you are directing your post at, you will see what the issue is. We want to use our own routers for broadband - with valid reasons but Vodafone told us in a nice way to get lost!

Your post sounds like you had nothing better to do so you wrote something - without really caring what the guys where complaining about.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lyonsj400 @en32 At this time we don't support third party equipment when using our Home Broadband services. 

If you would like further advice regarding this, please chat to our dedicated Broadband team online or when calling 08080 034 515.

I think the vodafone post above has stolen that award ha!

Yes, they're competing to see who can write the most useless posts..

Do you notice the general theme? Its along the lines of:

"No you can't have this and you can't have that. If you want to discuss further (and have lots of time to waste), call our helpline".

@ Natasha, take a look at your recents posts. Same with ChazzD and the others. Your posts are so useless and completely unhelpful. Better for you to just keep quiet rather than keep referring us (over and over again) back to your useless customer services or technical team.

They are the very reason why we resorted to posting our woes on this forum. Don't you get it??