Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

In store Upgrade

sean4444
4: Newbie

Last Tuesday My wife went into a Vodafone store to get her phone upgraded. She picked an iPhone 7 on a 12 month contract which we knew would cost £355 for the handset. We were told the iPhone 7 she wanted was not available in store, and it would be ordered in. We paid for the handset & got the paperwork done including applying my employers discount against her account. 

Wednesday my wife received an email giving a link to track her order. Upon looking at the link it said the order had been cancelled. My wife contacted Vodafone on 191 to be told the order had been reinstated & would be delivered sometime on Wednesday. Wednesday came & went and she received no email to say her phone was ready for collection. Then Thursday passed by with no delivery, but finally on Friday my wife received an email saying her iPhone was in store ready for collect. On her way to work my wife called in to the Vodafone retail store only to be told that because of the original order being cancelled and then reinstated the store would require an hour to sort out the paperwork, and she could not take the phone until this was resolved. As my wife was on her way to work she declined to wait and a nod said she would return the following morning. 

The following morning Ning I met my wife from work & we both went to the retail shop only to be informed that the paperwork problem had not been resolved and that my wife could still not have the iPhone which she had paid for last Tuesday. After giving the manager an earful saying it was not good enough we left having been told my wife would be contacted when the problem had been resolved. I gave the manager a lot of grief, however at no point was I rude to him or his staff, but what really got to me was he could not tell me how long this was going to take to resolve, which in my book is unacceptable. My wife was left fuming. No new iPhone, and no idea if how long this was going to take to resolve. 

So so we waited all day Saturday and received no communications from our  Vodafone retail store. 

Sunday my wife returned to work at 10am. She received a call from our Vodafone retail store around midday via answer machine, and guess what, she still cannot pick up her iPone upgrade because of the paperwork issue! 

Tomorrow evening at six pm my wife finishes her shift and she will be contacting Vodafone via 191. If this problem is not resolved by midday on Tuesday she will be cancelling her upgrade, cancelling her account & asking for a porting code to move to another network. 

I have 3 numbers with Vodafone & I will be doing the same.

After the six months it took & numerous phone calls (more than 24 hours), to prove payments had been taken, the removal of direct debit payments to stop Vodafone from taking vast sums of money from my wife's bank account, and the numerous threat texts and being cut off from the network numerous times enough is enough. You couldn't even apologise to my wife let alone give her any form of compensation I had to handle a lot of this as my wife nearly had a breakdown trying to get through to the numerous operators in numerous different countries what the problem was. Well I think she was lucky one morning getting through to someone in the UK, and eventually the problem was resolved, but to this day she will not reinstate a direct debit payment, as you cannot be trusted. 

So vodafone, its over to you. Tuesdays midday or bye bye four numbers. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @sean4444

Not a good experience at all. :Sad_face:

Appreciate you paid the handset fee but I can understand the Vodafone store not wanting to release the phone until the paperwork was completed. The true value of the phone will be £700+ 

Things can sometimes go wrong which I'm sure many accept, but then it's ultimately down to how it's put right that then counts ,and instills confidence back into the product and service. Communication is Key.

May I add > Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere, and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service. Moving Networks may affect this.

Of course if the shop hasn't been able to remedy this then you are quite within your remit to cancel under the 30 day cooling off period and use a PAC Code to take your number to another network. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I totally accept that communication is key, but when your manager in your retail store cannot even be bothered to try & resolve the problem, it really gets my back up. The manager couldn't even give us a straight answer, & I don't accept it takes 72 hours to resolve paperwork. It will have taken a week by the time this is resolved. If it ever gets resolved. 

BandOfBrothers

Hey @sean4444

All posts left on the Vodafone Community Forum are read by Vodafone Tech Teams so I'm confident this will be passed back. 

As a fellow Customer myself I sympathise with your current situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Monday evening Update:  

My wife received a voicemail message at work yesterday saying the Weymouth Vodafone store still could not resolve the paperwork problem. It will be 7 days tomorrow. She is not a happy bunny. 

Thanks to Jack in Weymouth Vodafone shop who managed to manually do the paperwork & get my Wife's iPhone 7 upgrade to her this morning. The manager was in my opinion useless at getting this sorted.  It only took seven days to get my wife's upgrade into her hands, and I'm sorry to say that's shocking. The contract however still has to be sorted along with my employers discount that has to be applied to the account. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sean4444 Sorry to hear about your experience.

Thanks for letting us know you've now managed to sort your wife's phone. 

You can apply for the Vodafone Advantage scheme here.