Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Owed amounts being left on my credit file

lhw879
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had a vodafone account for 4 years. Over that time this has grown from just me having a single line on my account, to having 3 phone lines (for myself, hubby & our teenage son) and 1 mobile internet ipad line.

At the beginning of this year I noticed that incorrect owed amounts were being recorded on my credit file, when I was paying the full bill amount each month!

It is now showing that I owe you over one thousand pounds, when all I actually currently owe is £125 (current bill amount)

I have actually emailed in about this on a few occassions and was assured this would all be put right.

But it still hasn't been and it is affecting my credit rating! And that is just VERY unfair and actually against the rules your ombudsman sets for you.

I am giving you this last opportunity to put this right for me, before I report you to your ombudsman. Where I will not only be requesting they make you correct my credit file, but I will also be seeking damages for the distress caused to myself and my husband, who are currently unable to get a mortgage because of this highly inaccurate information!

I did raise a dispute with the credit file people themselves, but on contacting you on my behalf, you quite happily informed them that you weren't changing a thing, as what you have recorded against me is correct!

LIES!!

Get this sorted,as it is very very unfair!

I shall be cancelling ALL FOUR of my contracts with yourselves when they run out. I shall be taking my £165 a month business elsewhere!

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

It is normally the Credit File Support Team that can investigate this for you. 

However if they have investigated and remain steadfast then you can ask for a deadlock letter from Vodafone and engage the Communications Ombudsman to investigate. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Can I speak to them on chat, or is is something I have to know a specific email address for?

Thank you :Smiling:

And thank you for the advice, I am just so frustrated as have already complained and was told it would be put right.

That was in March this year! Feel I have waited long enough.

hrym

lhw879 wrote:I have actually emailed in about this on a few occassions and was assured this would all be put right.

Do you still have that email?  Depending on who wrote it and whether they were authorised to do so, it would help your case enormously.  However, if Credit File Support have said the position is correct, I doubt they'll budge.   They have access to the full account history, including all correspondence.

Your post implies that you haven't spoken to them direct and it would be worth doing so, if only so that you know why the decision has gone the way it has.  Call 191 (or 03333 040 191 from any phone) during office hours and ask for them specifically.

Yes I still have the emails from the complaint I did in April, that was given a full response in May. It was a web complaint ref: WRT135 [#13216670].

If anybody fro vodafone should see this thread, and my new complaint perhaps they could check back over that web exchange I had with an employee called Lee.

hrym

Lee is the person in charge of this.  You have therefore spoken to the person who would be in a position to change your credit file.   If he's refusing to do so, he will have full documentation to back that up.

If you're still uphappy, you could go to the Ombudsman, but I very much doubt that you'll get anywhere.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@lhw879 When you look back over your monthly bills is the amount shown as current charges correct?

Somewhere along the line the current charges must have shown more than your contract amount or the £1000+ just appeared from nowhere or was accumulated monthly  to end up on your bill.

If you are able to find the month the balance suddenly shot up to an amount that is erroneous you may be able to pin down with Vodafone  where it came from.

One month it said I owed £360 on my credit file, when my balance was clear, and then the next month it shot up to this £1023. It then went up to £1267, and then back down to £1023 and has stayed at that amount on my credit file.It's just ridiculous. Have been with them for 4 years, and never had an issue before.

Nothing showing on my bills for this amount, and current balance is £125 owed at present (current bill, and all I owe at all).

kids

@lhw879 It does sound as though an in depth look at your account is required.

If you stick astound one of the Vodafone Tech Team who monitor these boards will pick up your post and contact you through this board.

I can take 24-48 hours got them to read all post so stay around.

Thank you  :Smiling:

I will do. Will give them a chance to respond here with the best way to contact the best person etc.

This Lee guy admitted in his email that they would make sure my credit file reflected my current owed balance. It's just bizarre how it has been fine for 4 years and then suddenly in March it started recording inaccurate info.

It needs to put right, as it shows me utilsing too much credit, when I'm not - this affects my credit rating :Sad_face: 

I have spoken to the ombudsman already and they said they can help, but I have to try once more before they will take it up for me. Credit files have to reflect accurate information. 

Thank you for your advice :Smiling: Truly appreciated!