Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Joining Vodafone for foreigner

BBocha
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello! Next month I am going to immigrate in Great Britain and join Vodafone. I didn't get a British bank account yet. Can I pay my bills without bank cards, with cash? And one more question, please. What documents I need to provide? Do I need a proof of address and immigrant status documents? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @BBocha

Before you can be considered for a mobile phone contract, you will need some UK credit history, be permanently resident with a UK address for a minimum period, be on the electoral role at the address and have a UK bank account for the direct debit to be taken for the bill payment.

When you apply for a financial commitment by applying for a mobile phone contract, Vodafone will do a search of your credit file.  If there is insufficient credit history, you may be declined.  However, it won't do any harm trying.

With PAYG (prepaid) being such good value with Big Value Bundles and Freebees, it may be an option until you are settled in the UK.  Please see below.

Vodafone PAYG Big Value Bundles and Freebees

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @BBocha

Before you can be considered for a mobile phone contract, you will need some UK credit history, be permanently resident with a UK address for a minimum period, be on the electoral role at the address and have a UK bank account for the direct debit to be taken for the bill payment.

When you apply for a financial commitment by applying for a mobile phone contract, Vodafone will do a search of your credit file.  If there is insufficient credit history, you may be declined.  However, it won't do any harm trying.

With PAYG (prepaid) being such good value with Big Value Bundles and Freebees, it may be an option until you are settled in the UK.  Please see below.

Vodafone PAYG Big Value Bundles and Freebees

Could you tell me, please, what is it "to be resident for minimum period"? How long is this minimum period? 

AnnS

Hi @BBocha

Not too sure, you need to prove you are a UK resident with a permanent UK address and get yourself on the electoral roll for the address.   If you keep moving, the less likely you are to be credit worthy.

The following in helpful.

Expat Arrivals