cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Broadband Connection - 2 weeks and counting!

paulverine
3: Seeker
Hi All,

We're currently experiencing an ongoing problem with our broadband and I wanted to put our particular problem out there in case anyone has had something similar to wrong and whether there's a solution. We've had no internet for two weeks and has so far stumped two engineers!

First call out of Engineer: The problem was diagnosed as an earlier lightning strike in the area and our lines were reset. This fixed our problem with our home phone (which wasn't working previously) but our router could still not connect to the internet. Red lights all round. Our router was replaced by vodafone and it still cannot connect to the internet.

Second call out of Engineer: They investigated the socket connection and tested for hardware / line faults. Could not diagnose problem. They reset our connection and left our home and said it might be fixed in fifteen minutes. Still broken.

There's a small amount of confusion caused by the fact our house has two master sockets (one was installed by a BT engineer that lived in our house prior to us) but apparently the other additional socket is disconnected and not in use.

Our home phone appears to be working fine so the issue appears isolated to just our broadband connection. The router is coming up on our network and seems to be working fine other than the fact it can't connect to the internet, so I don't believe it's a hardware problem.

Can anyone help / have any ideas about what the issue could be?

Any wisdom will be much appreciated. Desperate to get this fixed so we don't have to wait another week!
14 REPLIES 14

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@paulverine If your issue is still not resolved and you don't feel like the whole matter has been addressed, please reply to our latest email. :smileyhappy:

paulverine
Alex. Please read my post. Clearly me asking for my address to be updated is not the whole problem - I have an ongoing issue with the fact I have no internet, made worse by everything stated above.

Rather than send a smiley face and a two line message, please read my post and see whether Vodafone can come up with a solution.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@paulverine

We can't access your account via the forum to look into this further for you, which is why Alex as asked that you reply to our latest email. 

Once we've received your email, the team will be happy to help with any remaining issues you're facing. 

paulverine
Chazz, I've already said in the post above Alex's that I'd replied.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @paulverine

My apologies. I can see that we've got your other email. 

We'll be back in touch soon. 

Thanks,