Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service

gemmamcpheex
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Got a contract today or my sim in and it says no service been like this since 5 o'clock today and it's now 11.30 how do I fix this please
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Can I ask....

1. Was the contract taken out with an independent such as Carphone Warehouse. I ask because it has been known for them to be rather slow in updating Vodafone of the new contract details. 
  2. Or was it taken out in a Vodafone Highstreet Store.  If so there can be a slight delay to connection but that shouldn't be a long length of time. Usually a person is up and running before they leave the store. 
  3. Or was it opened online and the sim sent to you. If so typically contract sims that are posted out are not activated to protect them from unauthorised use. Live Chat or Customer service on the phone can help with this. Vodafone and contact-us options.
  4. Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 
  5. Please check your local and surrounding masts as it maybe them at fault and not your SIM card. Key your full postcode into this link and if the masts are showing Ok use the - symbol on the map to pan out to check surrounding masts. Vodafone Network Checker.

If your Vodafone Highstreet Store is local and convenient to get to they can also help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @gemmamcpheex

If you purchased the contract direct through Vodafone follow the link below. If you purchased via a third party, you need to go back to the point of sale.

Why does my new SIM say 'no service'?