cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One day in the life of a substandard router...

markdotjames
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

firstly let me just say its been 5 weeks now since i was promised a call back from Vodafone broadband team and the complaints department, I will post each week every where I can until they do :Smiling:

only one positive thing here is i DO NOT have any problems with the actual speed, consistentsy or quality of the broadband itself.

The router on the other hand is a whole world of ##~##.

My setup:

Vodafone Connect (VC) - 192.168.0.1, everything turned off except DHCP for 4 addresses. (DMZ set to 192.168.0.11 - NOT WORKING)

TP Link Archer C9 (TP) - 192.168.0.11 (Dirty), 192.168.1.1 (Clean), doing everything else.

All is good inside the house now, wifi is strong, consistent and have no problems, My Philips hue wont connect to the world and the VC router will not correctly route DMZ.

In theory i set the TP ip as the DMZ in the VC router which basically means " Anything not explicetly routed is sent to this address " does it work - not even close.

the only way i can get my IP cameras working is for the VC to route the port to the TP then the TP routes the port to the IP Camera.

Now i need to know if its my router or a common problem?

any help appreciated.

Mark

12 REPLIES 12

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@markdotjames We're sorry to hear you feel this way. 

If you change your mind and wish to contact us, please follow the instructions that @Tash has previously sent via private message.

@Alex and @Tash

Let me get this straight, I call twice and manager is going to call me back 100% within a timeframe, they both failed, .... you want me to call in again !!!

Dont you think you should get someone that cares about your customers to find out what is goin on!!

and dont give me the ##~## about its the forums we dont know who you are..

imagine this:

Someone with authority makes a communication to all managers in broadband and complaints " can whoever has not called back Mark James please report to me immediately (and resolve)" outcome will be one of two -

"Thats me" = Sort it

"Which Mark James" = You need to let another company buy you out and sort your mess out very soon.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@markdotjames The instructions in the private message previously sent are to contact our team via email. 

I understand your frustration with your situation.

As discussed, if you'd like to talk to our team regarding this, the option is there.