Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PPPoE username & password

Alienxists
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I am currently using the vodafone connect router but wanted to change it for another model.

In order to configure the dsl it need the PPPoE username password. I contacted vodafone via chat but the chap told me that they cannot provide it because it is in their t&cs to use vodafone router only. However, I went on the t&cs as well and there's no mention that I cannot use another router.

From section 6.12

You agree only to connect equipment to our network which bears the European Consumer Equipment Standards “CE” mark, and agree not to connect any equipment which may harm our network or any of our other customers.

That said, the router that i want to use is the Draytek Vigor 2860VN and it is CE certified.

Can anyone shed some light on this or it there any department that i can contact to get more details?

65 REPLIES 65

Settings here, but until I am activated on NOV1st cant try them... https://support.vodafone.ie/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&PARTITION_ID=1&LANGUAGE...

jimborae
4: Newbie
Those are for Ireland customers not UK, they won't work if you're in the UK.

ah I see... will figure it out one way or another :Laughing_Face:

instead of .ie try adding .gb or .uk

it doesnt work like that unfortunately as there is no link to the .co.uk or .gb URL

henryslaptops
1: Seeker
FUMMING WITH VODA****S!

I just want my PPPoE login and password.

Useless!! I'm going to find a hacker to get me the details.

It's our router so it's our problem!!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@henryslaptops This isn't something that we can provide. We recommend that you use the router supplied. 

This doesn't really make sense. How come Vodafone from other countries do provide it and here in the UK you cannot? and i guess that you even dont know why Vodafone UK cannot provide this to paying customers.

@Sukhi from Vodafone is a liar.

Customers have been provided with the details. See here: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Vodafone-connect-router-DHCP-settings/t...

Nowkillkennys
1: Seeker