Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refund

Alvize
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hello.
Last wedsnday (15th of march 2017 )i 've been promised by vodafone customer service A refund of 760£ (Vodafone withdrawn that money via direct debit ). They told me it would have happened within 5 working days.
Today is 22nd of march and still no money in my bank account ( which is in overdraft thanks to vodafone withdraw).
I called customer service several times and they keep sayin to wait another day... but nothing really happends.

I'm really scared to never get my money back cause this is the second time vodafone promises me a refund and then they don't pay it.
Any advice? Shall i contact my bank (hsbc) and claim a non authorized transaction from vodafone? I'm paying overdraft interests since 7 days thanks to a vodafone mistake.
I spent so much time at the phone with vodafone customer service i'm exaustes!!
Thanks in advance for your help.

Alvisr
14 REPLIES 14

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Alvize

We advise that a refund will take up to 5 working days as every bank takes 3-5 working days to clear money back into an account when a refund has been processed.

When we request a refund, it'll be processed on our end within 24 hours. We can't speed up the time it takes for banks clearing timescales.

If you need us to chase anything up for you, please follow the instructions that have been sent to you in a private message. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChazzD wrote:

@Alvize

We advise that a refund will take up to 5 working days as every bank takes 3-5 working days to clear money back into an account when a refund has been processed.

Yes that's probably correct. The problem to which both Alvize and myself were referring is that CS give this advice and then the refund is not processed for whatever reason. This may be because a mistake was made in raising the request, or because the agent immediately took another call and forgot to raise the request, or for reasons of cashflow control, or for any one of a dozen other reasons.  Then the customer calls back after 5 working days to enquire after their refund and is told it will take another 5 working days..... (see recursion.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for your feedback. We do appreciate it and will pass it on. 

If you still need help with anything, please follow the instructions that I've sent you in a private message.

Thanks, 

Hello i want to give you guys a little update because i think it's worth.

Today, 31st of march 2017, still didn't get the refund from Vodafone ( of 766£) even if i was told and promised from customer service i would have received the money within 5 working days.

The customer support here in the forum is even more ridiculous. The 25th of march i did ask when they actually processed the refund and they told me the 22nd of March. Since the today are not in my bank account i asked again and they just told me the refund has been processed the 25th of March. So everytime i do ask when they did process they refund they answer with a different date.

So this is the latest anwer they just gave customer support here to me via email:

"Hi Alvise,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've looked at our records and can see that the refund was actioned on 25 March 2017 on our end.

Please check with your bank on Monday as it may be pending.

If it's still not showing by then, please get back in touch with us.

Kind Regards,

Sheila
Social Media Comms"

I already knwo that next monday the money wont't be in my bank account and i will have to contact vodafone again and they will tell me there was a mistake but they've just fixed it and that i have to wait 5 working days and so on....

Is there a legal way to stop this crazyness?

One of my best friends is  a famous lawyer, do you guys think it would make sense to involve him?

Thanks!

Alvise

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Alvize Please check with your bank on Monday. If there's still an issue, please reply back to the email sent from Sheila and we can look into this for you again.