Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM only deals with discount

DougieD
4: Newbie

I am wondering if the current SIM only deals that have 40% off can be coupled with the Vodafone NHS Advantage Scheme?

...or because they are currently on offer they can have no further discounts applied??

Thanks for the info

Doug

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The 40% is definitely classed as a discount and not a price reduction and the VEA is not available on those contracts. I speak from experience having upgraded to such a contract a month ago.

Also it's noted as a 12 month discount so I assume the price will rise to the headline level if you don't upgrade again at 12 months.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

In a word no. You cannot use the Advantage discount in conjunction with any other discount I'm afraid.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Its my understanding that one discount only can be applied per contract. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So the "Save 40%" is classed as a discount rather that a price change on the product?

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

A valid question. 

If this was me then for official Vodafone clarification I'd ring customer service on 191. 

Live Chat is another option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I've just upgraded one of our phones to be a SIM Only with the 40% off offer.

It's classed as a discount rather than a price reduction of the base pricing, so can't add VEA on top.

Either way the 40% is better than 30% plus the £10 fee

AnnS

Hi @DougieD

The tariff is on promotion, usual price £32.00 discounted to £19.20. I would say that was a pretty decent deal.

Please be aware that you will see the price plan at the standard rate on your online account with the promotional discount credited back at the end of your bill.  

drey_p

@DougieD wrote:

So the "Save 40%" is classed as a discount rather that a price change on the product?

Yes, that is regarded as a discount as it is a temporary reduction in the price.

A price change is when the price of a product is permanenty reduced or modified.

PWIAC

jeffkinn

The 40% is definitely classed as a discount and not a price reduction and the VEA is not available on those contracts. I speak from experience having upgraded to such a contract a month ago.

Also it's noted as a 12 month discount so I assume the price will rise to the headline level if you don't upgrade again at 12 months.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Getafix

@jeffkinn wrote:

Also it's noted as a 12 month discount so I assume the price will rise to the headline level if you don't upgrade again at 21 months.

Believe you meant 9! :smileywink:

As mentioned by all above, Double Discount cannot be applied.

And since we are on topic of discounts, just thought to list them would be good.

Promotional: The Example above £32 less 40% £19.20 availble to all New Customer as well as Current Upgrading.

VEA; You work for a qualifying company that has a relationship with Vodafone. There is £10 (Not sure if this is one off or have to be paid whenever you upgrade) The discount can vary depending on the Tariff.

Discount can used by Friends and Family

Loyalty: Current customers adding an extra Line. Again this can vary on Tariff.

Vodafone Employee: As the title says. Not sure what the criteria is for this (As none of us a Employees) but again can vary.

Retention: This is a negotiated Discount offered both by the Upgrade team and Retention Team. Discount can vary and entire upto your Negotiation Skills as well as how much your past spend is mainly Out Of Bundle Spend.

EO&E accepted. :smileyhappy: