Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Server error when signing up to Spotify entertainment pack

alexprokop
2: Seeker

This has happened every time I try and choose to subscribe to spotify entertainment pack. I've tried both on my phone and via a desktop browser. I'm doing the following:

• Go to https://offers.vodafone.com/gb
  • Select 'Spotify Premium' under available offers
  • Accept terms and conditions and click 'Add Spotify Premium Now'
  • Sign up to spotify and press 'okay' on 'Connect Vodafone to your Spotify account' screen
  • I'm returned to vodafone and the message says 'Completing purchase...' after a couple of seconds a popup appears on the screen saying 'A server error occurred. We're very sorry, but we'll need to log you in again'

We have 2 x Vodafone red 20GB sim only packages through our business account and this problem happens for both of them.

95 REPLIES 95

hug66
I'm getting this problem as well.

cgw52
3: Seeker
I've got this problem too. Palmed over on LiveChat last night and told it was an issue at the Spotify end. Contacted them and the said that Vodafone had cancelled my Premium subscription (without my knowledge and with 11 months still to run on my entertainment package) on 2nd December. Have been back to Bodafone today and going through the same merry-go-round as everyone above. Still not working. I have already spent 5 hours in the past month on a separate issue with Vodafone customer services and do not wish for a repeat. There is clearly a systemic problem here that Vodafone need to sort out. I will shortly be taking this via a dispute service and informing the Ombudsman as I can't afford to waste anymore of my time with this ineffectual technical support and customer services team.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cgw52 @hug66

I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, please contact customer service.

cgw52
Have you had your issue sorted yet? I hope so. Vodafone is dire.

drbinary

I have managed to cure my server error.  Go to spotify.com and log into your account.  At the bottom is 'sign out everywhere'  select this then try going to the offers link on your phone.  Select the offer and then hopefully this time you might not get the error.  Worked for me tonight.  

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@drbinary Thank you for letting us know your solution! 

This didn't work for me I'm afraid. I've followed all the instructions for getting in touch via the email system, and it has been over a week. Will this ever be solved? Atleast a reply would be nice.

Benpearce22
1: Seeker
@Choiyuyuk did you ever find out what resolved this? Over a month on from when you posted on this forum and I am now having this same issue having just upgraded my sim only contract

carpy
4: Newbie
@cgw52

Yes my issues are resolved. No thanks to Vodafone though. In the end after two months of asking Vodafone to get a grip and find the problem - I complained to the ombudsman. Two days later it was all fixed. The second my Vodafone contract is up I'm leaving - and will never be a Vodafone customer again.

cgw52
Thanks for your reply. Glad things got sorted. I did manage to get my Premium account going again on Tuesday after only 2 hours and 6 agents worth of chat an phone calls. After the 4 hours of previous calling for a seperate issue this month it seemed too good to be true. I was right. My Spotify account reverted back to the free account again this morning. The merry go round has restarted already. I've been through the first line muppet and anticipate the failure of his inadequate resolution suggestion before being passed up the chain of unaccountability where one agent palms you off onto the next. I'm sure you are al to familiar with the process. I have now started to use the complaints service Resolve as I simply don't have the time to keep repeating myself to each agent. There is no joined up customer service. Customers should be assigned one agent who takes ownership of an issue until all parties are satisfied that the case is closed. It is woefully inefficient and monumentally frustrating for the customer to be expected to drive the process. I used to be a great fan of Vodafone and their good overall service but the past couple of months have made it impossible to recommend them to anyone. I will be looking elsewhere come contract renewal time as I'm sure thousands of other customers will be who have been subjected to Themis appalling experience of poor customer service.