Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8/S8+

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

wow, just wow

http://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s8-release-date-and-everything-you-need-to-know

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It's going to be interesting to get hold of a demo model to see how this works in the real world. 

Palm rejection is is going to need to be good. 

Personally as I buy my phones sim free I'll be waiting out for the Note 8 and then decide. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Continuum
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi guys. New here so please be gentle. Do we know which chips are destined for UK? Are we greying the snap dragon ones or the exynos ones for the uk? Furthermore I have an upgrade due(at least i think i fo) and am thinking about getting the s8 plus from Vodafone. Who should I contact to find out what are my options

BandOfBrothers

Hello @Continuum

If Samsung follow suite with the s7 then we'll get the Exynos 8895 Octa Chip in our variant of the s8 models. 

gsmarena ~ Samsung Galaxy_s8

Check your myvodafone to see your Account status or call 191, use Live Chat or my preference pop into your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store to upgrade. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. I tried to have a talk with the chat team but found them to be very unhelpful. Had to wait for sometime before a chat agent was available to begin with and when I told him what I wanted, he simply asked me to call the business upgrades team. Shocker. I could have done that if I wanted to. I work for a web based business and while we only have about 50K customers, whenever we find something we cannot help a customer with on the chat line, we get one of our guys to give the customer a call straightaway to get the query resolved. I am a little ticked off that the agent did not even ask if he can get one of his colleagues to ring me. Thats cold and very bad customer service. I have been with vodafone for more than 6 years and have had 2-3 lines through out, but the lack of customer service is shocking. I think i will simply buy the phone sim free, cancel my contract and get a sim only plan. Vodafone's customer service is a joke. Sorry if this changes the theme of the thread. My apologies. I am done with my rant now.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Continuum

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had. 

You can keep an eye out for the available offers online. 

If you have a business account with us, you'll have your own Business team who will be able to talk to you about this. 

You can reach them on your own Live Chat or if you wanted to call them directly, you'd need to call the number at the top of your bill. 

Unfortunately we're not able to access business accounts here. 

Thanks, 

I have had 2 lines with vodafone for more than 4 years. One of my contracts was due for an upgrade and since the Galaxy S8 plus came out, I thought lets go for an upgrade rather than getting a pac code and going to another provider. I tried to have a talk with the chat team but found them to be very unhelpful. Had to wait for a long time  before a chat agent was available to begin with and when I told him what I wanted, he simply asked me to call the business upgrades team. No apologies for not being able to assist further or give me another solution or a reason. Shocker. I work for a web based business and while we only have about 50K customers, whenever we find something we cannot help a customer with on the chat line, we get one of our guys to give the customer a call straightaway to get the query resolved. I am a little ticked off that the agent did not even ask if he can get one of his colleagues to ring me. Thats cold and very bad customer service. I have been with vodafone for more than 6 years and have had 2-3 lines through out, but the lack of customer service is shocking.

Looking past the incompetence of the chat agent, I thought I will call the upgrades team to see if I can get a good deal but he quoted me 62 including VAT with an upfront payment. I said if there is anything better he can do but he was extremely rude and said NO. If you wanna say no you dont have to be rude about it but obviously this guy didnt care. Fair enough. I thought maybe I will call customer services to cancel the contract. I called 191 but instead of customer service, somebody from the upgrades team picked up the phone. Not sure how that happened since I hadnt chosen any option but I spoke to him about what I wanted. While the rep I spoke to was much more professional. he offered me a different price which was slightly lower than what was quoted to me at first. This got me thinking if Vodafone thinks or takes their customers for idiots and damn fools. Either this is misleading on behalf of vodafone or the whole upgrade team is incompetent. If you want me to sell an expensive plan then alteast have the courtesy of pitching it to me properly. Dont take me for a mug and slap it across my face saying thats the only plan you have for the handset. To compound matter or should I say, what has driven me crazy is that vodafone is blatantly offering 15% off to existing customers on the following link:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/existing-customers/

While I was able to find it on vodafone's website, when I queried the same with the second rep, he simply said there is no such link. Again, do you think I am an idiot or do you think I like to lie and make stuff up?

And lets not even start about how many times vodafone let me down during my existing contract on both of my lines. While I must say vodafone went to some lengths to rectify the issues(credit where its due), the fact this keeps on happening is not right.

I think i will simply buy the phone sim free, cancel my contract and get a sim only plan. Vodafone's customer service is a joke. I am only sharing this so that you dont get caught out. I expected better from vodafone.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Continuum

I'm sorry to hear that. If you'd like us to look into it, please get in touch as mentioned. 

Hi @SimonWilding

Keep an eye out on our Coming Soon page, for details on the latest releases. 

Thanks, 

@Amanda

Thank you for your reply. I have already called the 191 from my handset. since I have a business contract I am guessing I was put through to the business team. Kindly go through my earlier post and you will understand how frustrating this is.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Continuum

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I appreciate it's frustrating but unfortunately we're not able to access business accounts here. 

You would need to contact them back, if you wanted to discuss the offers and level of service further. 

Thanks,