Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify Premium Activated but stil only shows as free

StuartMunday
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have recenlty joined Vodafone, and took their option for Spotify Premium for 12 months.

I went through the process of signing up for Spotify Premuim, but when I sign in to Spotify it still says I have the free account.

If I try to go through the process of registering for the free Spotify Premium again, I get a page showig "Manage my subscriptions" where it says I have Spotify Premium activated.

Why is this not showing up on my Spotify App account?  I have logged out and re-installed the app, but it has made no differece.

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Sarah_A
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @StuartMunday

Please take a look at this thread here.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Hi Sarah,

I am not too sure why that thread would help.  I had no error in the process of signing up for  Spotify Premium.  Everything looked successfull, but when I go into my Spotify App, it still shows as the Free version.  When I try to re-register using the link supplied by Vodafone, it takes me to a page to Manage My Subscription, where it says I have Spotify Premium. 

Hi @StuartMunday

Please speak with our Live Chat team here

Thanks,

Sarah 

Well, I must have spent about half an hour with the online chat to Vodafone last night to get this sorted out.

They assured me they could do it, and said that they had refreshed my account settings.  They then said "I have make the necessary changes on account and Spotify premium will be working fine"

Followed by "It will take 30-45 minutes to update on setting after that try to use it will working"

So I left it overnight, and today it still isn't sorted.

What more can I do?

fox3shooter
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I am in the same situation with Now Tv, probably going to cancel my upgrade as they are not supplying their side of the contract.

jdferguson89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

If you're Spotify Premium has reverted to the restricted version, this is how I resolved mine...

1. Uninstall the Spotify app

2. Visit spotify.com and reset password

3. Re-install the Spotify app and log in with the new details

I first of all contacted Vodafone who said all I need to do is re-follow the link and re-subscribe, but when I did it said I already had Spotify Premium so couldn't re-subscribe. But my Spotify App said 'go premium'. I decided to contact Spotify directly about it but it asked me to log in. When I did it said my login details were incorrect, even though I was very sure the details were correct. I reset my password and logged in and it said I had Spotify Premium with Vodafone. So I re-installed the app, logged in with the definate correct details and it was no longer was the restricted version.

Hi @StuartMunday

I understand your frustration, have you tried the advice suggested by @jdferguson89?

Hello @fox3shooter

Please speak with our Live Chat through this link and we will help you further. 

Louise

StuartMunday
4: Newbie
I have just uninstalled the app, changed my Spotify password, reinstalled the app and logged in using the new password and it has made no difference. It still shows as a free subscription.

Hello @StuartMunday

I see, I am going to send you a Private Message with further help. 

Louise