Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Subcribed to horoscope without my knowledge and cannot unsubscribe

Cluster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

Apparently, i have been subscribed to a horoscope ( MYWEB DHORO CANCER service and getting charged £1 month...

I dont receive any texts for any horoscopes so cannot unsubscribe.

I dont remember subscribing for this service its never been of interest to me.

Spoken to Vodafone but not getting much luck as they are unable to trace the number.

Can anyone who has been in this position offer me any adivce, much appreciated..

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Cluster

My Web is an old service and has been discontinued by Vodafone. It's surprising you are still receiving these old alerts.

You can try live chat for account access but if they can't help, please come back to the forum

I have tried live chat but no luck they just say to ring vodafone to try and sort it out...Vodafone keep saying its not their problem as i must have took this subscription.

Cant seem to find head or tail of this dhoro horoscope fiasco...

Surely if its happened to me there must be others aswell?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If your service provider have no interest in helping you resolve this issue then I'd suggest cotacting: http://psauthority.org.uk

Thank you this has really helped me..

I am having issues with this as well, for over a year!

There have been weekly charges to either MYWEB DHORO SAGIT or DHORO SAGIT DAY without any text message to go with it so no number or company to cancel from.  Vodafone customer services both on 191 and online chat have said they would cancel from their end but this never worked and the charges kept coming. They also activated a premium rate services bar, but that also did nothing.

I tried contacting Phonepay Plus (now psauthority) but they said the service was an "own-portal service" under control of the mobile operator and to contact Vodafone. I gave up for a bit.

Then in Feb this year I contacted online chat again and they say they will cancel it for good this time.  The charges continued.

Today I called Vodafone customer services, they are still unable to locate who is charging me but insist it is a "service" that I would have subscribed to (I haven't) and I would need to contact the company to cancel the service and request refund.  Only problem is I don't know who this company even is.

Today's "solution" was to apply a Charge to bill bar to the number in question, which will (apparently) stop the charges but will also stop any other subscription ability should I decide to use it in the future and any removal of the bar will result in the charges coming back.  I'm not however holding my breath this will stop the charges.

On the plus side vodafone have refunded me most of the charges so far.

--------

tl;dr  Ask for a Charge to bill bar it might stop the charges but will also prevent you from using any other charge to bill services such as Google Play or mobile charity donations.  And be persistant you may get some of the charges back.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@joboj Thanks for letting us know about this. 

Hopefully the recent bar that's been placed on your account, will help to stop any more charges from being incurred. 

If you find you do need further help with this, please let us know and we can get in touch with you. 

Hi, if you like horoscopes I would recommend that you install this free horoscope app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codeblenders.horoscope.free

I enjoy it daily and it's free!

Thank you for your lengthy reply and sharing your experience.

Luckily i located a number 46010 which looked like it did send some text messages relating to some horoscope but they stopped in March 2016.

What i have done is replied STOP to that message, and i waiting to see if this has worked now. If not someone on here has  given details of PSA authority and if you have the number the text messages have been coming from then you can locate the company details through their website and try and phone them to stop the messages.

someone somewhere is making lots of money by ripping people off by sending these messages which they never signed up for.

Once the deductions stop from my vodafone account i will then pursue to get the charges back.

Nothing works, live chat or live call with vodafone. Vodafone make it out like its your fault but i am 100% certain this facility has been initiated by them on the old MY WEB service they had.

Like i said in earlier post i will see the outcome of the latest action i have taken.

Thank you to everybody who responded. Hope every one gets it sorted.