Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching to Vodafone Broadband Issues

Spriggsie
4: Newbie

My home fibre is currently being provided by sky (40Mbps). I was with BT, 14 months ago, with standard broadband (0.2Mbps).

i want to switch to Vodafone home fibre (38 Mbps), but Vodafone & BTopenreach say that I can't get fibre in my house (although I am currently getting 40Mbps fibre connection with Sky), and they can only offer me 0.5-1.5Mbps connection on standard broadband!!! (It's 2016, not the 1980's with a dial up connection!!!)

i did manage to order Fibre from Vodafone on 30/09/2016, even a fibre Hub has been sent out to me, BUT I have now been told that it was cancelled by BTOpenreach for no reason & I can't reorder it at the moment!!! 

OFCOM state that switching providers should be simple with the gainer-led process (introduced in 2015) ... and that Vodafone should be able to take over the sky services ... however, Vodafone reactions are 'the computer says no', that I can't get fibre in my home (that Sky is currently providing).

Can anyone suggest how I can switch to Vodafone? Or a way to get BTOpenreach to allow Vodafone to see that I am getting fibre from Sky?

i shall be raising it with OFCOM, although I believe it's a problem with the poor communication of the 'BT Group'.

note: I am able to order fibre from talktalk & Sky ... but not any other companies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fantastic update

it looks like the Vodafone team has resolved (or helped resolve) the issue .... fibre is now avaliale to order at the property (by all providers).

i have placed an order & it has gone through ... although the activation date is 31/10/2016 ... so until the order is live (and I am connected with Vodafone fibre), I shall keep my fingers crossed (for good luck). 

Thank you to to the great technical team who didn't give up on trying to resolve this issue. 

It it does look like it may have been a BTOpenreach mistake, but although no one can prove why all of a sudden I was able to order fibre (now), I have my own personal opinion that a simple tick box mistake by part of the 'BT Group', and that when Vodafone enquired about the reasons why ... that tick box was then suddenly changed!. Guess I shall never know the true reason why ... a small team (probably BTOpenreach) know the reasons ... and so it gives me great satisfaction to say thank you to Vodafone technical team & a big thank you to the individual who may of changed that tick box!!! 

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I can but only suggest to asking their customer services. 

Certainly not going to be easy if they are saying No,,

Have you tried calling this number. 

Got a question?

08080 034 515
(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)
Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the quick response,

i have phoned the customer services and explained it to them.

The customer service representatives can't understand it either.

I have asked for a 'deadlock letter' from Vodafone & they have said that I need to get one from BTOpenreach as it's them causing the issue .... however, BTOpenreach can only be reached by the internet supplier & not the end user.

although, I can get fibre from Sky & TalkTalk, all the other suppliers are unable to provide a fibre service (not just Vodafone), so the free marker for changing my internet supplier (of the hundreds of suppliers) is locked to two - nearly a monopoly!! 

I can only switch from Sky to TalkTalk. The other suppliers (BT, Vodafone, EE, etc) are unable to provide fibre / or switch the supply to my home (although I currently get Sky fibre) as the say I can't get fibre !!!

I do want to switch to Vodafone, AND have the choice of switching to any supplier (not only Sky or TalkTalk). 

The plot thickens  .... 

If you have only been with SKY for 14 months maybe thats the issue, is the contract not for 18 months with Fibre? It seems to be everywhere else.

I had to check my contract again before responding (didn't want to make such a basic mistake). 

I'm out of contract with Sky (was only 12 month) and should have the flexibility to change, I can also tell because they shot the prices up & have tried to sign me on to a new 'lower priced' contract (that is still 23% higher that the original contract).

There doesn't appear to be any reason why I can't switch ... apart from the 'BT group' is unable to communicate within themselves, yet alone to other suppliers. 

I was told by BT (telecommunications) that my home is NOT capable of having fibre, even though I have fibre on a BTOpenreach line with Sky!! ... it's complete madness.

There appears to be no logical reason why I can't switch, but it seems like a simple tick box on a BTOpenreach computer has not being selected !!! Thus causing the issue. 

I thought all fibre packages were 18 months? 12 months for phone and TV etc but 18 for the fibre part? Although i have not really looked at SKY's offers, when they took over O2's broadband i left because the new terms and conditions said basically they can do what they like when they like and you have to lump it.

That's one reason why I want to leave (& I'm out of contract so the price has shot up!  ... but it doesn't explain why TalkTalk are able to offer me fibre, but BT, Plusnet, Vodafone, EE, etc are not able to! 

The gainer-led system that was introduced by OFCOM was meant to make switching easy, as the line contract is taken over by the new supplier (not confusing it with the old 'cease and re-provide' system) ... it is up to the new supplier to take over the line & contract ... OFCOM says they can  ... my only choice of action now. 

I want want to live in a free market ... and be able to SWITCH suppliers using the gaining provider led process (gainer-led system) :-

"Gaining provider led process
Under a 'gaining provider led' process, your new provider will arrange the transfer for you.

You only need to contact the provider you wish to switch to, who will notify your old provider of the intended transfer - you do not need to cancel your contract with your old provider.

If you change your mind, you must contact your new provider to cancel your request to switch. You have a ten working day period from the date your new provider notifies your old provider during which you have a right to cancel your request to switch without being charged.

Once you have contacted your new provider to begin the switching process, both your new provider and the provider you're leaving must both send you a notification letter to inform you of the switch.

The letter from the provider you are leaving must include details of:

the services which are affected,
the services which are unaffected, and
any applicable early termination charges that relate to the services you currently take.
The letters from the provider you are leaving and your new provider must also give details of the switch, including a reasonable estimate of the date it will happen.

Your new provider must also keep a record of your consent to switch services for a minimum of 12 months."

Quote from https://www.ofcom.org.uk/

so so please if any Vodafone representatives are reading; "I WANT TO SWITCH TO VODAFONE" ... please make this happen. :Smiling:

Hello @LostAnotherName

Do you have an update on this situation?

Hello @Spriggsie

If you'd like to switch to Vodafone, please call our team on 08080 034 515 and we'll help you further. 

Louise

Hello,

Update; I phoned Vodafone customer services on 07.10.2016, the sales representative was not able to help, I asked for it to be raised up higher & I was told 'a manager will be contacting me within 24 hours' ... it's now just about 72hrs and still no call back (confidence is reducing in the customer services).

I shall phone the number that you provided today, and if they are unable to switch me to Vodafone, I shall be contacting the Ombudsman Services (that I know Vodafone has their own department, as they are a trial company that is improving their customer support), and I shall send the log of ALL calls and correspondence sent and received regarding Vodafone broadband issue.

i am NOT looking for the old (and outdated) system of 'cease and re-provide', as I ALREADY have fibre with sky I am looking at switching providers using the 'gaining provider led' process, with Vodafone taking over the current line!!! SIMPLE (well I thought it would be and it should be with confirmation from an OFCOM representative), all I need to do is contact the company I want to switch to and they take over the line (fibre), and notify me within 10 days. 

If the Vodafone sales representatives (on the phone), refuse to switch my broadband service then my next step is to send a formal letter to 'Customer Relations Manager, Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire. RG14 2FN', I shall then allow 10 days from the receipt of the letter for you to switch me to Vodafone.

If the sales team are unable to help me today, every correspondence is going to be copied to the my case with the Ombudsman Services.

I hope this matter can be resolved ASAP by Vodafone (or if necessary the Ombudsman Services).

PLEASE NOTE: I have ordered fibre with Vodafone on 30/09/2016 & have NOT received any written confirmation that the order has been cancelled.

Regards,

Vodafone Customer.

(very happy with my mobile service, shame the broadband service is letting your company down).

I have also done TWO checks (Sky & TalkTalk) today 10/10/2016 and both can offer me fibre (my postcode omitted).

Postcode omitted from images (I put in my postcode & home phone number for the searches), but don't need it to be included on the images uploaded.