cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Think I have been mislead or lied to....

aj2703
4: Newbie

I signed up to a sim only deal the other day on a 12 month contract. I got an extra 2gb of data thrown in for free. I was told by the staff member the extra 2gb was for the 12 month term of the contract. (I have the email transcript as proof).

I went through live chat to get a second sim on the same deal and when the advisor wanted to confirm my package details they said the 2gb was only a month. I queried it and they asked me to wait for a few moments thean got back saying I was right. I don't believe them to be honest and would like a vodafone rep through here to confirm i am indeed receiving the extra 2gb for the next 12 months. I would also like them to see if they can do the same deal again as I would like a second sim with the same deal.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi..

If this was me I'd ring customer services on 191 to get clarification. 

I maybe wrong but I don't think the team here who are Tech can arrange a contract deal for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

I have the chat transcript where he confirmed at the end. I'll give them a ring and see what they say. No disrespect but what is the best time to call where I will get through to someone who isn't offshore?.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Id suggest to call between 9am and 5pm. 

You can request to be transferred to a UK callcentre but it isn't guaranteed they maybe able to do that for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @aj2703

When you contact Vodafone, you are put through to the next available agent.  They all have access to the same information and there is no reason for the agent you are connected to being unable to answer the questions.

When you take out a contract, Vodafone will always confirm the details of everything agreed by email and you should receive this within the next week.  If you do not receive the confirmation, you need to use live chat for account access and ask them to send the confirmation.