Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unknown Default ruining my life

Kevmatthews
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Found a missed payment on my file last year, contacted Vodafone and they informed me they could remove from credit file as it wasn't my fault. I've just applied for credit only to find that the default is still on my file. I'm desperate now to get this removed, I've never missed any payments and this admin error is sending me to the edge of despair ........ Someone help !! 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Kevmatthews

I appreciate and understand how damaging a default and or marker can be ,and the difficulty in having one removed from a Credit File.

It's important as you have done to speak with Customer service first to clear up why this has happened before the Credit File Support Team can help. 

Below in bold is a help guide I have written which explains which department to ask your case to be referred to - i.e 'Vodafone Credit File Support Team' - and how to add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian. It is Free to add the Notice of Correction. This gives you the tools to add your own notes up to 200 words on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing.

It would only be worth adding this if you think the default is wrong and shouldn't have been applied. Please take into consideration that a Default will only be removed if it was reported on your Credit File incorrectly.

To Add if a person has spoken to a member of the Credit File Support Team and they have agreed to remove the default then this is usually actioned straightaway. The file will update when the database that Vodafone share with the credit file agencies update.

This normally takes up to 30 working days but can happen quicker.

Unfortunately there is no way to hasten the process up as Vodafone do not have control over the database that is accessed by the credit file agencies.

Default-on-your-Credit-File-and-How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

To add this Community Forum is monitored by Vodafone Teams who will engage with you if they can also help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thanks for your message.

the default was created due to an admin error, I have had years of paid accounts, and never missed a payment on any other bills. this situation is ruining my chance to proceed with my life. Vodafone failed to cancel an account that wasnt being used, I failed to notice. I did notice last year, contacted them and they said the account was now closed and the default and missed payments will be removed. This is still not the case more than 6 months on.

I gave vodafone the benefit of the doubt, and also took some responsibility to the initial error. I am now desperate to sort this once and for all. I need to move on with my life.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KevmatthewsSorry to hear about the issues you've had.  

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

AnnS

Hi @Kevmatthews

If you are still in contract agreement and have accidentally missed a payment, this won't be a default and your credit file should only be showing a missed payment.  This is something you will have now paid.

If you contact the Credit File Support Team on 191, they will be in the best position to advise further.