cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using Vodafone International Saver add-on to call from a World Traveller country?

chrislegrice
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

[This question is not to be confused with a very similar-sounding question by myself a couple months ago].

Morning!

Vodafone have just introduced "Vodafone International Saver" add-ons (as of Jan 2017):

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/calling-abroad-from-the-uk/index.htm

100 mins to 100 countries - £3

500 mins to 100 countries - £7.50

[Note: This is not to be confused with "Vodafone International", which still exists.]

In my question a couple months ago, which concerned "Vodafone International" (not "Saver"), AnnS cleared-up for me that it was possible to use the Vodafone International add-on when in a World Traveller country, as WorldTraveller made it possible to use UK allowances and add-ons in those destinations. For example, if you have World Traveller and Vodafone International and you make a call from China to France that call will be charged at the relatively cheap Vodafone International rate, not the standard international call rate (you'll obviously also be charged the £5 charge incurred for using a World Traveller service in a supported country).

My question is the same as that one, but this time for the new Vodafone International Saver add-ons. Will their allowances apply when making a call to a non-UK country, from a World Traveller destination?

The pertinent bit of the World Traveller Ts&Cs are still the same as a couple months ago, and effectively suggest it should work (see attached screenshot of the relevant section).

However, in direct contradiction to those Ts&Cs are the Ts&Cs of the Vodafone International Saver, which specifically say, under the 'How it works' section, "...The minutes cannot be used for... international call made while abroad".

Both sets of Ts&Cs would seem to contradict one another.

If you happen to have an insight to help clear-up this question, that would be great. (I would have an online chat with Vodafone, but I've had conflicting answers in the past, and feel more reassured by the Voda gurus on this forum :-)).

Thank you in advance! Wishing you a great day,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The below just reinforces what has been said above regarding using the Vodafone International Saver whilst roaming in the inclusive countries or using World Taveller . This is taken from the Vodafone Support website:

Will my international extras work while I’m abroad?

Roaming packages like inclusive roaming, EuroTraveller and WorldTraveller use different allowances in different ways. This means some calls will still be included in your Vodafone International Saver minutes when you’re roaming in a country covered by a roaming package.

You have EuroTraveller and you’re in our Europe Zone

If you call a country outside our Europe Zones but within the 100 destinations covered by International Saver (for example, calling Argentina from France), this call will be taken from your International Saver minutes. Calls made within our Europe Zone will simply be taken out of your UK allowance.

You have WorldTraveller and you’re in our WorldTraveller zone

If you call a country within the 100 destinations covered by International Saver (for example, calling France from Argentina), this call will be taken from your International Saver minutes.

You have inclusive roaming included in your bundle and you’re in our inclusive roaming zone

If you make a call to a country outside our inclusive roaming zone but within the 100 destinations covered by International Saver (for example, calling Argentina from France), this call will be taken from your International Saver minutes. Calls made within the inclusive roaming zone will be taken out of your roaming allowance

The link for the above is

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Going-and-calling-abroad/Calling-and-texting-abroad...

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @chrislegrice

The World Traveller pages mention you are able to use your UK international and extra international allowances, and there is no reason why this would not be the same as using Vodafone International abroad with World Traveller.  The only difference is the new international add on includes more countries and offers 100 minutes at a lower price.

I will get some clarification on this and get back to the thread later. 

Hello again AnnS!

Hope you're in good health and spirits.

Very many thanks for checking-up on this one. I feel, as you do, that these new Vodafone International "Saver" add-ons will work from a World Traveller destination, but your checks will be very helpful indeed. I shall keep my fingers-crossed that your research confims this.

Very many thanks for your time and energy - it is very much appreciated 🙂

Chris

@chrislegrice You can use international add-ons as stated in section 4 and 7 of the WorldTraveller terms and conditions.

I can't find anything that says you can't use the new International Saver add-on when roaming within our WorldTraveller zone. You just need to make sure that you have WorldTraveller enabled before you travel.

@AnnS Thanks for brining this to our attention.

:Smiling:

Hiya Tom!

Very many thanks for that prompt and very helpful reply. That great news.

If anyone else learns of something to the contrary, do please ping a reply.

Wishing you a good end to your day Tom,

Thanks again,

Chris

Can I just add a thank you to the original poster for bringing this product to my attention.

I haven't used my Vodafone to call abroad for some time now since I was stung last year when I upgraded from Vodafone International to a bundle.

But... £3 for 100 minutes to 100 destinations (or £7,50 for 500 mins) then why wouldn't you?

At the minute I'm using my work phone to call abroad (it's a BT Mobile) and the rate is 5p to Greek mobiles which I thought was pretty awesome but the £3 package beats it and the £7,50 one blows it out of the water.

Well done Vodafone (I've not said that for a LONG time)

The below just reinforces what has been said above regarding using the Vodafone International Saver whilst roaming in the inclusive countries or using World Taveller . This is taken from the Vodafone Support website:

Will my international extras work while I’m abroad?

Roaming packages like inclusive roaming, EuroTraveller and WorldTraveller use different allowances in different ways. This means some calls will still be included in your Vodafone International Saver minutes when you’re roaming in a country covered by a roaming package.

You have EuroTraveller and you’re in our Europe Zone

If you call a country outside our Europe Zones but within the 100 destinations covered by International Saver (for example, calling Argentina from France), this call will be taken from your International Saver minutes. Calls made within our Europe Zone will simply be taken out of your UK allowance.

You have WorldTraveller and you’re in our WorldTraveller zone

If you call a country within the 100 destinations covered by International Saver (for example, calling France from Argentina), this call will be taken from your International Saver minutes.

You have inclusive roaming included in your bundle and you’re in our inclusive roaming zone

If you make a call to a country outside our inclusive roaming zone but within the 100 destinations covered by International Saver (for example, calling Argentina from France), this call will be taken from your International Saver minutes. Calls made within the inclusive roaming zone will be taken out of your roaming allowance

The link for the above is

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Going-and-calling-abroad/Calling-and-texting-abroad...