Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router issues

abates85
4: Newbie

My vodafone broadband was installed today and setting up my home ive come across the following issues.

1. My Laptop connected on the Wifi 5Ghz channel cannot see my Server connected by LAN Cable, if i disable the 5ghz band i can see the server fine but it reduces the functionality of the router.

2. I cannot connect to a device via port forwarding using the external router IP from within the network. however i can access the device from outside the network.

3. My fibre broadband speed is significantly slower (28MB) than the service i was recieving with sky (40MB) even thoughi was promised full (76MB) speed

has anyone else had these issues and can provide assistance ?

138 REPLIES 138

OK, things might have changed now. If you see Jeztastic's post above, he has also been told that there is no broadband chat team.

It might be a good idea for us to record our calls then post them here as attachments.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lyonsj400

The link given by @Tash is for the Broadband Live Chat team.

Once you click on it a box will pop up at the bottom giving you options to choose, you'll be able to discuss this with an agent.

@ Carly, the link given is for:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

The chat link goes to the general queue and not to the broadband tech team. I have spoken to advisors who told me that there is no chat queue for the broadband tech team.

Getting sick of talking about this same old ##>##.

VF will not give PPPoE details out and won't give an explanation why - apart from "we've had issues" so no point wasting any more time on this.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see Community Guidelines]

I am in the process of trying too resolve several issue including this.

I suggest you complain in writing to:

Customer Relations Manager

Vodafone Limited

The Connection

Newbury

Berkshire

RG14 2FN

Whether it is voice or live chat, when the person you are dealing with tells you that you need to wait 30 days for the line to settle, when the issue is LAN side it all seems pointless.

As I noted above, I reset the DHCP lease to a week, and after a week I had the same issue of wireless clients not being able to talk to wired.

Rebooting the router solved the issue.

I have not been following this thread of late, but the problems I reported are still there. 2 disconnections daily like clockwork, speed gradually dropping, 5 GHz devices not able to see wired LAN devices, and the uncaring, nonsupporting customer support giving us the go around. The only thing left to do is invest in a third party router and get the login details from Vodafone, which from what I'm hearing, is like squeezing water out of a rock.

WillVXR
4: Newbie

AFAIK this is a well known issue with the Vodafone supplied Router/Modem.

I had a similar issue whereby my wireless PC's could not "See" my wired network printers. However, if I connected a PC by ethernet cable I could print from the printers.

My solution was to obtain my username/password amd then throw £150 at purchasing my own Router/modem.

Apparently this option is no longer available as Vodafone are currently refusing to divulge login details.

laviscus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Glad i'm not the only one with this issue. I use a wired media server at home for music and TV. Wireless devices that connect on the 2.4GHz SSID and it's fine and i can stream. Connect on the 5GHz and nothing, just says it can't see other network devices (i've split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz signal).

Could this be due to a lack of IPv6 suppport in firmware, I know this kills Windows Homegroup?

New Chat log ive had with a new advisor, looking into speeds and supposed to be contacted by someone from the tech team within 48 hours

Info at 12:07, Dec 6:
You're now chatting with Thomas.
Thomas at 12:07, Dec 6:
Hi there you are speaking to Tom, how can I help?
Account Name at 12:08, Dec 6:
Hi Thomas, im just following up on a previous complaint i made on my account about the broadband speed and device connectivity
Thomas at 12:08, Dec 6:
Okay, was this raised to the technical team do you know?
Account Name at 12:09, Dec 6:
apparently it was but not sure :Smiling:
Thomas at 12:09, Dec 6:
Okay not a problem, i can find out.
at the time my line wasnt fully connected and you sent en engineer out to fix a fault on the line
Thomas at 12:09, Dec 6:
okay
but that wasnt the query i had :Smiling:
Thomas at 12:10, Dec 6:
Oh
What was the query may I ask
Account Name at 12:10, Dec 6:
well. when i signed up for broadband i was getting slow speed
i was promised the full 76MB connection and was getting 28
Okay
im curreently still only getting 39MB
Thomas at 12:11, Dec 6:
Is that through a wired connection or wifi?
Account Name at 12:11, Dec 6:
wired
sorry to hear that, let me look into how much we are sending down the line
do you know your vodafone account number
Account Name at 12:12, Dec 6:
one moment i will just check my account
Thomas at 12:12, Dec 6:
Sure
Account Name at 12:12, Dec 6:
{AcctNo}
Thomas at 12:13, Dec 6:
perfect
Thomas at 12:13, Dec 6:
Could you please confirm your full name, the first line of your address, postcode and date of birth?
Account Name at 12:14, Dec 6:
{Account Name}
{Address}
{Postcode}
{DOB}
Thomas at 12:14, Dec 6:
Thank you very much for that
Thomas at 12:17, Dec 6:
Looking at your line capability you should definitely be getting at least 41.3 so you are getting slow speeds currently
Thomas at 12:17, Dec 6:
Let me look into this
Account Name at 12:18, Dec 6:
yes, i have a letter here saying i should get between 74.22Mbps and 60.05 Mbps
obviously with a 0 guaranteed speed
Thomas at 12:18, Dec 6:
Yes of course so it does need looking into. Happy to help you out
you can view a copy of this letter on this dropbox link
{link}
it is a photo i have taken with my phone
Thomas at 12:19, Dec 6:
It is okay I believe you :Smiling:
Thomas at 12:20, Dec 6:
I am going to get this raised to the technical team to boost your speeds to where they should be. Won't be a moment
Account Name at 12:20, Dec 6:
ok thank you
Thomas at 12:22, Dec 6:
Not a problem Account Name, could I take your best contact number?
Account Name at 12:22, Dec 6:
my mobile number
Account Name at 12:22, Dec 6:
{mobile number}
Thomas at 12:22, Dec 6:
Perfect, it is more than likely we will be able to boost the profile of your line from our end but you will get a call from our technical team within 48 hours maximum to discuss this.
Account Name at 12:23, Dec 6:
ok thank you, will they be able to assist with other issues i have with my router ? or with this call be a confirmation of my line speed
Thomas at 12:24, Dec 6:
Yes they will be able to assist with everything for you
Account Name at 12:24, Dec 6:
ok
Thomas at 12:25, Dec 6:
Is there anything else I can help you with
Account Name at 12:26, Dec 6:
My Laptop connected on the Wifi 5Ghz channel cannot see my Server connected by LAN Cable, if i disable the 5ghz band i can see the server fine
Thomas at 12:26, Dec 6:
Okay I do not believe the routers have the options for wired connections to see wifi devices but I believe it is something we are currently working on. The tech team will be able to help with that as well :Smiling:
Account Name at 12:27, Dec 6:
ok and one more issue
Account Name at 12:27, Dec 6:
I cannot connect to a device via port forwarding using the external router IP from within the network. however i can access the device from outside the network.
Thomas at 12:28, Dec 6:
Okay it is a little bit far from my knowledge if I am being honest. I will state that in the notes to the technical team. Don't want to miss inform you
Account Name at 12:28, Dec 6:
ok thank you
Account Name at 12:29, Dec 6:
last time i was supposed to be contacted by the tech team regarding these issues i wasnt contacted
Thomas at 12:29, Dec 6:
Sorry I could not be of more assistance
Thomas at 12:29, Dec 6:
I will make sure you definitely are
Account Name at 12:29, Dec 6:
thank you
Thomas at 12:30, Dec 6:
NO problem {Account Name}
Andrew bates at 12:32, Dec 6:
hopefully they get in touch soon, my original query was in september :Smiling:

I'd take your mobile number out of that mate :Winking_smiley:

Hope you get somewhere with the speed issues but count yourself lucky, i've just got mine up from 3.5Mb to 6.4Mb - the line test showed 25Mb average, 17Mb minimum.

Turns out the openreach line checker only takes about 1/2 the copper cable into account so it totally wrong :Sad_face: