You are here:

Pay monthly products & services

Ask a question:
Topics: 3
Solutions: 28

Re: Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

Hi @markdotjames

We're going to look into this and we'll be in touch soon with an update. 

Thanks, 

Message 61 of 71 (1,480 Views)
Highlighted
Topics: 1
Solutions: 1

Hi @markdotjames

Does the issue with Plex only happen within your LAN (Local Area Network)? Or is the server only unreachable from outside of your network?

Thanks.

Message 62 of 71 (1,213 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Hi. I have been with BT Broadband for about 8 years or so and only changed as vodafone offered a much cheaper deal.

The basic internet functions work OK on all devices, however my wireless laptop will not communicate with my wired desktop. I could have live with that problem, although not great, if it wasn't for the fact that my printer is connected to the desktop and therefore I am unable to print from my laptop. This was never a problem with my previous internet provider.

Reading various post on the forum, I conclude that the vodafone router will not perform networking functions between wire and wireless connections and obviously needs improvement with a decent firmware upgrade.

Could the Tech team please give and indication when this upgrade will occur or have I misread the situation and there is a fix that I can perform.

ps. I have tried only using the 2.4 GHZ frequency and various other suggestions but all to no avail.

Message 63 of 71 (697 Views)

In the 18 months, that we have had out VF Connect router we have had no problems with devices talking to each other connected to the network regardless of wired or Wi-Fi connections. Makes me wonder if there is an issue with the hardware in later iterations of the router.

Message 64 of 71 (661 Views)

Re: Vodafone Connect Router issues

I have the same issue with plex, works fine outside of the LAN or if I split the 2.4 and 5 GHz SSID and use the 2.4GHz only. If I have a combined SSID or use the 5GHz SSID I can't connect.
Message 65 of 71 (643 Views)
Topics: 0
Solutions: 2

@Ade963

If your printer is wireless, you'll need to ensure it's enabled to connect with multiple devices. 

Message 66 of 71 (642 Views)

Hi Beca,

The printer is not a wireless printer but is connected to the desktop computer through a USB drive.

What use to happen was that the laptop connected though the home network to the wired desktop and the instruction to print was passed onto the printer.

Unfortunately that is now not happening, any ideas would be welcome to sort this problem.

Thank you.

Message 67 of 71 (630 Views)

Ade963,

Did you use a Windows homegroup to share your printer? If so, my understanding is the homegroup needs IPv6 to work and the Vodafone router only supports IPv4.
Message 68 of 71 (617 Views)

laviscus

AH HA!!

Thank you laviscus, you are right I was using a Windows homegoup and I didn't realize that IPv6 doesn't work with the Vodafone router.

At least now I can try something else.

Thanks for your help.

Message 69 of 71 (610 Views)

I know it's crazy how any company who wants to be a major player in the home broadband market can release router firmware that doesn't support IPv6 is beyond me.

I'd like to say this will get sorted soon but apparently it's been an issue for quite a while and not been sorted. I wish I'd known this when i signed up, I'll be voting with my feet when my contract expires.
Message 70 of 71 (593 Views)

laviscus wrote:
I wish I'd known this when i signed up

Me too as I'm still stuck.

Message 71 of 71 (583 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up