You are here:

Pay monthly products & services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: Vodafone Connect Router issues

I'd take your mobile number out of that mate Smiley Wink

Hope you get somewhere with the speed issues but count yourself lucky, i've just got mine up from 3.5Mb to 6.4Mb - the line test showed 25Mb average, 17Mb minimum.

Turns out the openreach line checker only takes about 1/2 the copper cable into account so it totally wrong Smiley Sad

Message 41 of 71 (9,630 Views)

thanks, was bound to miss something Smiley Happy sorted it

ive only an issue with the speed purely because i moved from a 40MB down 10MB up always on and steady connection with sky to 38MB down 20mb up thats patchy with vodafone.

its the device connectivity ive the biggest issue with, they can only sort that with a firmware upgrade as far as i know, i want to know they are working on it.

Message 42 of 71 (9,626 Views)

message i am sending to the vodafone complains department available at: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/complaints/

The router provided by Vodafone for the broadband is not fit for purpose, i have tried speaking to the vodafone support team on numerous occasions to get issues resolved using the routers default configuration and have had no assistance, in the latest communication on the 11th december at 14:00 the support team says that my issues are to do with the communications between my devices and not the vodafone broadband, this is not the case, all of the issues i am having are as a result of the router provided by vodafone to the point that the person on the call stated that the issues are a result of the communications going through the router. the person then continued to say vodafone will not assist with my issues with the communications on my internal network which are the result of the vodafone connect router and refuse to give me the account details so that i can use a router of my own choosing. therefore i wish to make a formal complaint on the service provided by the vodafone broadband team

Message 43 of 71 (9,016 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Unfortunately, there are TWO issues here.

1. The Vodafone staff that monitor these forums are non-technical and can only fob you off or else direct you to their cutomer services/technical support. The very place that you just visited and got no help from.

2. The managers that make the silly decisions are non-technical - i.e. "we can't give you your login details for you to use your own router". So they have no hope of understanding the concerns of us little folk. They don't monitor these forums and have no visibility of our issues.

Message 44 of 71 (8,806 Views)
Topics: 6
Solutions: 16

@abates85 Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the router we've supplied. 

The router which is supplied has to be used in order to use our Broadband service. 

Kindly see our Complaints Policy if you're not happy with the service you're receiving. 

Message 45 of 71 (8,742 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

[ Edited ]

@Rahim,

The router supplied is not fit for purpose as it has serious shortcomings which have not been rectified in the 14 months I have been with you.

These shortcomings cannot be fixed "over the phone" they are firmware problems.

I consider myself fortunate as I have been given my Username and Password so I am able to use my own working Router.

My monetary savings during my period with Vodafone have been eroded by the initial need for an 8 port switch (to allow my wired devices to "see" each other on the network) and latterly a Netgear Router/Modem to allow Wired/Wireless devices to communicate across my network.

So yes, people do have a need to use their own Router/Modem instead of the one supplied which is severely crippled with regard to functionality.

In fact your statement is untrue, it is not compulsory to used the supplied Router, I am proof of this but rest assured I will be leaving when my time is up. Its been a miserable 14 months only made bearable by the use of my own Router for the last three months.

Message 46 of 71 (8,733 Views)

@Rahim as you can see ive already posted a complaint. the fact that the tech2 team can say that they cannot assist with the networking issues caused by the router show that your tech team know there are issues with the router that arent planned to be fixed.

the router itself is blocking connectivity between devices on the network and  it would be nice to know they are being at least worked on. I wonder if you were having issues like this with the broadband if you would be happy with the state of connectivity.

Considering i can connect to my device from outside the network using the external ip shows my port forwarding and internal firewall and set up. but i cannot connect to my device from inside the network. this is certainly a firmware issue with the router blocking the connectivity.

i dont expect these issues to be fixed overnight, i expect to know that someone is working to resolve them. the tech2 team member i spoke to went as far to say they wont be issuing any more fixes for this router. suggesting there is a new router in the pipeline, when a new router is put in place will dissatisfied customers be recieving a new router ?

Message 47 of 71 (8,729 Views)

@abates85,

don't hold your breath, Vodafone have spent 14 months "fixing" these issues already.

Message 48 of 71 (8,714 Views)

I kind of envy those guys that have managed to get their login details and are happily using their own router. This is proof that the VF staff who say you "must" use the Vodafone supplied router are talking cr*p!

Message 49 of 71 (8,699 Views)

to those guys who have their details..... how generic is the data, is there any identifying information in there or does it look like they may be using the same details for all users ?

Message 50 of 71 (8,697 Views)

Do we know why Vodafone are so insistent on people using their router. Sounds like they're harvesting our data which they wouldn't be able to do in a non-Vodafone router (would have to be done at the dns level instead)
Message 51 of 71 (8,624 Views)

@abates85

The password is a unique 8 digit Alpha/Numeric & Upper/lower case. If you create a configuration backup file which contains this info it is all encrypted.

So unless Vodafone cooperate you have no chance.

Message 52 of 71 (8,614 Views)

I suspect that one of the factors of VF not universally handing out log in details is that what is sold as up to 17Mbs ADSL connection is in fact a capped fibre to cabinet connection, the router does the capping to 20Mbs. They wouldn’t want these customers to use their own routers for obvious reasons, so I guess it’s easier just to make this a blanket policy.     

Message 53 of 71 (8,604 Views)

@ WillVXR

Do me a favour please mate. Run that encrypted password through an online MD5 decrypter. It just might come out as the plain text password that you have been given. Also, how is the username worked out?

Message 54 of 71 (8,589 Views)

@lyonsj400

I am using a Netgear Router so I haven't got access to a Vodafone backup configuration file.

I feel sure that if it were possible to surrepticiously obtain your username and password it would be all over this Forum by now.

AFAIK there is only one way to obtain your username and password and thats from Vodafone.

Message 55 of 71 (8,559 Views)

Ok, so last time i will post on this.

vodafone have said they wont say if they are fixing these issues and have offered to release me from my contract.

its a shame that rather than fix known issues with the router they would lose customers but thats their call.

Message 56 of 71 (6,376 Views)

[ Edited ]

okay, I guess I'm just yet another having issues with this router.

It wont let me access a device on the network through a remote IP when on the same network. Which is a pain in the ##~## for me as i have to toggle between local IP and remote IP everytime i leave/return home on my home automation app and have 2 IP's set up for each camera....

My first thought was to crack on and change the router until i discovered i am unable to get hold of my login details

unfortunately for me I didnt read into Vodafone broadband before i signed up 'dough' otherwise i would of read this and not bothered myself with the hassle..... and went with a company that are actually interested in offering there customers a level of support that would encouage them to continue with their service

Unless i can get my login details or they fix the router issues I will be doing my best to get out of the contract i have stupidly landed in GGGRRRR

Message 57 of 71 (5,480 Views)

I too have exactly the same problems as those posted here, my plex server won’t work, If i use an alternate WIFI router the Vodafone router will not route anything from outside to said router, intermittent drop outs on Apple devices,

my philips hue bridge cannot see the internet at all and vodafone seem uninterested in fixing it, their resolve is to turn off 5ghz !! 

I complained on twitter around the 16th Feb and managed to speak to the help team that night, they promised a call back from the tech team but to date still call back, time for twitter rants again me thinks.

Moving from sky to Vodafone was my biggest mistake this year.....

Message 58 of 71 (895 Views)

Re: Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

@user2202

I want to completely disable everything the VF router does except supply internet connection, do you know if i should use an AP or something else for the wifi, if you have any working recomendations then happy to take your advice Smiley Happy

I was considering one of these:

TP-LINK (RE580D) AC1900 (600+1300) Dual Band GB Range Extender

TP-LINK (AP500) AC1900 (600+1300) AC Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Access Point

Asus (EA-AC87) 5GHz AC1750 (1734Mbps) Access Point/Media Bridge
Message 59 of 71 (921 Views)

Re: Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

IMHO you need a router with Wi-Fi so your Vodafone box can act merely as a modem.

Message 60 of 71 (907 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up