Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Euro traveller

viggen
4: Newbie

Hi,

Ive opted in for ero traveller whilst I am in Spain as from tomorrow.

I am a bit confused. 

I understand that if I call or text the UK from Spain this will trigger the £3 charge and I will be fine as long as I stay within my contracted monthly bundle. I understand the same applies to my data package and no roaming charges will apply as long as I stay within my limits.

However what I am confused about is using my package to call a Spanish number whilst there? Does this also come out of my allowance as I am within zone 1 or would I be charged an international rate seperately?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @viggen

Euro Traveller is only for using your UK allowance.  If you are going to be calling Spanish numbers, these will be charged as out of bundle.

If you are going to be calling a lot of Spanish numbers, you would be able to add Vodafone International Saver to use with Euro Traveller, this would enable you to call Spanish numbers at a reduced cost.

It might also be worth looking at the standard roaming charges for Spain, it may be cheaper without Euro Traveller.

Please see below.

Euro Traveller

Roaming Charges

Thanks. 

I have 1gb data allowance. So if I turn on data to read emails etc. this will come out of my bundle and I will only pay the £3 and not any roaming?

Sorry if I sound a bit thick but this roaming malarky just confuses the hell out of me.

AnnS

Hi @viggen

If you are on a  roaming inclusive contract your roaming charges will be covered. 

Getafix
16: Advanced member
While in Spain you can call any number in the Euro Zone and it will come out of your UK allowance.

And if you do go over your data then you will charged the UK out of Bundle charge of £6.50 for every 250MB.

Just checking, did you get your Tariff before 05May16? If no then you cannot have inclusive roaming for £3.

@Getafix Thanks

Yes my contract was before 5/516.

So I can use my data allowance while there as initially I need to use sat nav on phone to drive to my accomodation?

You state :- 

"While in Spain you can call any number in the Euro Zone and it will come out of your UK allowance"....this is what confuses me ,as Spain is in the Euro Zone but if I ring a Spanish number I will be charged but if I ring say Germany it will come out of my UK allowance. It seems all they want us to do is ring home and pay £3 for the privilige.

Getafix
You will not charged for Calling a Spain Number, only exception is if it is a premium number.