Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

dynamick
Wirelessly not wordlessly! !!! Lol

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @dynamick

Unfortunately as you're already on the latest software, we're not able to advise any further about the settings. We'd suggest contacting Hitachi directly as the issue seems to lie with them. 

You can contact your designated broadband team by calling 191 and entering your account number, when prompted. 

Alternatively you can speak to them on Live Chat online. 

Cheers,

WillVXR
4: Newbie

I have to disagree with Amanda as I have exactly the same issue and came across this post when doing a search.

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS 102 which I store all my music etc on and use a networked Yamaha AV Receiver for playback.

This worked flawlessly with a BT Homehub but I have now discovered it doesn't work at all through my new Vodafone Broadband Router.

All of the equipment is visible and accessible in Windows 10 (I can even play the music on the NAS with Windows Media Player).

The problem occurrs when I try to access the music via my AV Receiver, my Netgear NAS, usually visible as the source device, has been replaced "Vodafone Station".

The only working solution thus far is to connect a network switch into the router and plug the AV Receiver and Netgear NAS directly into the switch.

As this gets around the issue I would suggest the issue lies firmlywith the Vodafone router which doesn't let my AV Receiver "see" the Netgear NAS when both are connected directly to the Vodafone Router.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@WillVXR

On your bill you'll find the number of your dedicated support team. Please call this for further assistance.

I have the same issue with my wd mycloud NAS

its clearly a bit of a key fault with the router not impressed 

I believe the mycloud, readynas and zyxcel all have some kind of DLNA server running in the background I believe. Do you know if this is how your devices like TV and Amp access the media on those drives? It may be.

The Vodafone Connect Router has its own DLNA server enabled by default called Twonky. This may be causing a discovery problem on your network. Try going on the router and disable Twonky under Advanced then Advanced Sharing. Remember to Apply after changing the settings.

Let me know if that works. Seen some funny DLNA things in the past, Vodafone Station is probably the name given to Twonky on the Connect Router.

Thanks for the input, I am currently using an 8 port switch to connect everything together with a final connection to the Vodafone router/modem.

Not ideal as it cost £ but hey ho it works.

Hi there, I am having the same problem sharing my media from a NAS drive (Seagate Goflex Home) through my new Vodafone Connect Router. The NAS should show up on my TV as a media server and on the Xbox 360 as a PC. I was using a Netgear router before switching to Vodafone without any problems. I have also tried switching off the twonky settings, but this has not helped.

Switching off twonky has not made a jot of difference 

I tried calling voda help and I was more than a little unimpressed. Thinking i may have to cancel within the 14 days 

Can you get the settings anywhere so you can try and 3rd party vdsl router ?