Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

Whilst this is massively frustrating I am somewhat pleased that there are others suffering similar problems to me.

Whilst not strictly using a dedicated NAS, I have a decktop PC with 2x2TB drives, (1 backing up the other), with all my Music, Videos and Pic on. Prior to switching to Vodafone I had absolutely no problem streaming my media to a Smart TV and an Android box connected to another TV. I also have a Logitech Squeezebox connected to my HiFi and a Squeezebox radio.

I have managed to get the Squeezebox working, (don't know how as initially it wouldn't) and previously both the TV and Android box would see the Logitech Media server or Windows Media player, (as this apparently is a DLNA server in it's own right), but now "Zilch".

I tried Customer Support and they couldn't help. Something along the lines of, "The broadband works and I can't help you with the streaming issues". In fact I am not sure if they actually knew what I was talking about.

I do have a spare Gigabyte switch so may try that workaround but come on Vodafone, sort this out.

Thanks bassbunny - very helpful posts

I've recently had Sonos and Android TV systems install throughout my house, and the installer was here for several extra days trying to get to the bottom of a problem connecting the Sonos controller to the players after switching from a wireless AP back to the Vodafone router wifi .. the workaround has been to disable wifi on the Vodafoe router and install extra wireless APs.

After spending 4 hours today with Sonos tech support connected to my network trying to get to the bottom of the problem, I found your post.

I guess this announcement is the firmware we're waiting for:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Vodafone-Broadband/m-p/2456133#M175

PS I like the statement "The issue is due to the design of some of these LAN media streamers"

jaysy
4: Newbie
Same problem here .... I have 2 other AP's and Networking everything Xbox, Synology NAS, Sonos, networked TVs, power line etc etc .... Thought I was going crazy
Luckily I had a spare 8port gig router plugged everything in that as prev @chrisb84 said and bobs your uncle all now works ok

Is there an update on the firmware date, as I understand it this problem has been acknowledged with a statement of intent to provide.

Does it include any other benefits such as being able to control wifi bands??
Turning 5ghz off or allowing another SSID here?

I am experiencing the exact same issue as described by others.  

Computers on WiFi can't connect to others on a wired connection.

This was making it impossible for me to connect to ny Synology Nas that is wired.

Only solution was to use my old BT Home Hub as an acess point.

The updated firmware fixed the issue for most of the time.

but if i access my Synology nas from a wireless device i sometimes have to reconnect to the wifi or reboot the router to get access from my iPad to the Synology.

@atmoore81, Try turning off split SSID and forcing  the single SSID remaining to 2.4Ghz and that should get it going as a work around that doesn't need  a 2nd router - no 5Ghz though 😞

I've tried this workaround, but it doesn't make any difference to my issue of Sonos controllers losing access to Sonos units.

In fact, my service has recently become almost unusable due to regular router locking-up - all wired connected devices lose access to the internet and the management interface is unavailable via browser. All that remains working is Wifi connected devices and the mobile management app.

I would say this is an unconnected problem, but it only seems to happen after we've been using Sonos ..

That is really strange.  I was having exactly that Sonos issue with controllers and loss of internet (not alwasy at teh same time) but it has been stable for a few weeks now.  Have you tried connecting Sonos via  wireless assuming if it is currently wired?  Before I narrowed the issue down to the Vodafone router I spent a lot of time on with Sonos support (who are very helpful) as it got to be nearly unusable fro me to. When they got me to connect Sonos via wireless rather than a cable  cable I found it to be much more stable and did  not get any controller drop outs.  I have it back to wired now since sorting the other issue out and   touch wood, I haven't dropped a controller for a couple of weeks... 

I can't connect all the Sonos units via wireless (assuming you mean the Vf router wireless) because some are out of range of the Wifi.

I do have some connected via an external switch and some directly into the LAN ports on the Vf router, so I guess I could try having them all in the external switch (maybe the Vf router is not switching the traffic correctly).

RE dglasbrook, that does sound different to the specific issue of split networking, as generally we didn't loose internet access from wired nor management interface lockup, and useage was stable although restricted. It may be you do have a genuine fault as opposed to restrictions due to the firmware. So I would suggest the next time this happens call their support as they should apparantly be able to diagnose router faults.