Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

There's not a lot of point in contacing the Tech Team when the problem is already known as is the solution, that being a firmware change to the router.

Wish I had stayed with Sky. The App is rubbish as well. I'm sick of having to uninstall/reinstall it to get it to work.

tezmar
My firmware version is: Software version 5.4.8.1.160.13.77

From looking at previous threads it seems to suggest this version is from last year.

Had a call back from tech support over weekend who advised its known issue but no fix as yet.

I am getting to the stage that I would like to walk away from my 18 month contract with no penalty because of this problem.

Doable?

You and me both. I spent years setting up a complete home media streaming system and getting rid of CD's/DVD's etc, and this is an absolute pain.

Absolutely no problem with my previous Internet Providers.

Ditto, I have a Netgear ReadyNAS with all my music & photos on and yes everything worked fine pre Vodafone.

Funnily enough I bought a Netgear ReadyNAS at the same time as the migration to VF so i could pension off the Desktop PC I was using as my Media Server. It's still in it's box.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the frustration this has caused.

As soon as any more information is available we'll update the Vodafone Broadband statement.

For all broadband queries, please call 08080 034 515

The answer from VF customers is simple ... VF Product Development need to source a fix, if other broadband service providers support this functionality on products (i.e. BT Homehub 4) who's technology is now deemed to be 'older generation' then current VF products not supporting it is a design failure, not a fault or a technical issues! ... come on VF, bite the bullet, admit it's a failing of your product and simply fix it!!

I agree entirely, it pretty crass that VF blame other products that are not their own for non-confirmity, when those products work with BT etc perfectly fine.

Its entirely a VF Router problem in my opinion and needs fixing yesterday.

From my recent posting activity perhaps people looking in will notice that I patiently waited for February update which never happened and its now MID MARCH.

Indeed. I have also had problems with a wireless cannon printer. Had to reset settings on the router to find it. Never had problems with the BT router.

Dear VF: please also note that we do not have the option of putting our NASs on wireless.