Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

dglasbrook
4: Newbie
Thanks Cooper

Braj_chan
4: Newbie
It is official guys, have a look at the best and worst network in today's news? No wonder they don't have time to listen to their customers.
@coopermarsh
I started my broadband speed with a healthy 25 Meg which was stable worth no dropouts. It has progressively dropped to 18meg. Forget customer service helping, it's better off banging your head against a rock.

@Braj_chan @dynamick @dglasbrook @coopermarsh

We’re sorry for our delay in replying.

Please see our updated statement for more information regarding this.

Charles, that 'updated' statement is already a month out of date and that update took three months to come out.

Over four months from when Vodafone acknowleged there was a problem and still no fix is released. It is simply not good enough.

God help anyone if there is a security issue with this router. 

To those who did switch to Vodafone Broadband, you have my sympathy. Thankfully I decided to wait a while and after this debacle, it's highly unlikely I ever will.

Thanks for your sympathy Makelo.

The Salespatter i fell for though and it feels like i have been poked with a very sharp stick.

The product's shortfalls are its internal struggle to get into the home broadband market quickly. poorly tested poorly exectuted.

I had the comment from the tech support that vodafone cannot be responsible for the way a 3rd party product connecting and works.

The very fact that vodafone is offering a wireless router with gigabit ethernet everything is third party.  

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask in but didn't want to start another topic...

Does anyone know where I can find a proper user manual for the Huawei HHG2500 that Vodafone has supplied me with as a part of my new Fibre Broadband package?  The QSG is not a lot of use.

I am particularly keen to understand how the "Firewall" and "Secure DNS" functions.  I've already discovered how locked out I am as a user from some of the more important settings (such as DNS)  - or even from viewing them!

I am going to do as others have done and place a downstream router in my system to take over DHCP, DNS settings and WiFi to regain as much control as I can - although WiFi doesn't seem too bad, despite limiting the WPA2 passphrase to 24 chars for no good reason...  I can't do anything about Port 443 being open to the WAN, seemingly (see my other post and screenshots!) but at least I can lock down access to the LAN side.

Anybody?

Hi Charles

Aanother month on - any news on the firmware update?

Thanks

David

You cant mention the update its like opening up Schroedingers box to find there is no update. whilst you dont ask the update is on its way!!!

tezmar
Cmon Vodafone this is seriously taking the p155 now. I take it you are not using Agile / Devops methods to release updates !

I signed up for the vodafone fibre package last week, and having received my router was puzzled as the connection is different to my current fibre connection (current RJ11 master socket to fibre modem, RJ45 from fibre modem to current router. VF router has RJ11 direct in as DSL which threw me as I had signed up for fibre package).

However having found this forum, it scared me as I too have a complex internal network, including a WD MyCloud giving out DLNA to the inside network. Even though my connection isn't due to go live till the 7th June, I decided to configure and test it all internally yesterday. 

What surprised me is I got it all working, including DLNA from my WDMycloud to my television.Something I was anticipating failing and causing me to call vodafone to cancel.

My router is on firmware version 5.4.8.1.160.13.75 (hasn't upgraded as it's not live on line yet) I changed the wireless network names, internal IP address (I'm using 10.0.0.1) and turned off the DLNA service. 

Turned on my tele (panasonic 2014 vintage) and configured for the new wifi network. Got the onscreen message no DLNA server. Turned on the VF DLNA, it showed up in the tele. Turned it off again, got the no DLNA message, and I was sitting there thinking about my next step, when the WD DLNA popped up on the tele, and I was able to browse music, pictures with no problem.

Tested several times, and rebooted router, consistent results, it takes around a minute or so for the WD to show up, and then all works. 

Also checked folder browsing to the WDMYcloud, and configured and tested wireless printing to my epson printer. all worked fine.

Interesting, when the WDMycloud showed up in DLNA, a service appeared in port management, service WD2GO, ip address of the mycloud, protocol TCP, external port 9093, internal port 80. This may be to do with the WDMycloud serving the data to WD for external access outside my home.

I can't explain why DLNA from my NAS works, and yours don't. I did wonder about the firmware version, and I'll be checking it carefully when it goes live.

Thanks to all for raising this issue, I'm glad it hasn't affected me. (yet!)

Richard