Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

Sound like your master socket has not been wired up properly. I had exactly the same issue when installed for the first time. BT Openreach had to come out and correct it. 

@i210208 I am a bit shocked at that as well to be honest.   What  a disgrace.  

I cannot really suggest anything for you to get it to work, however bare in mind you can have as many routers in your house as you like, (vodafone cannot dictate to you how your internal network is setup) and they will all interconnect with each other if you choose to set them up as such.  You can then essentially have almost everything turned off on the vodafone router apart from 1 device (a better router) connected to it and the modem for VDSL.     In that way you would have a better router with all you devices connecting including your SONOS and for internet comms traffic would be routed to the vodafone router....But all your internal traffic wouldn't go near it, thankfully.

So in my case I have the vodafone junk with everything turned off that I can turn off and only have one network cable connecting into port 1 from the wan port of my ASUS router - my ASUS router has everything else connected into it and it's wifi turned on, etc....  It works great for me.

But I can understand why you would be reluctant to have to go and buy a new router - maybe though if you had one from your old supplier still hanging about ???  I think VF think well the routers free so you cant complain...   shame on them.

There is plenty of posts on this website on how to setup the vodafone router to do nothing and to plug in a more capable router.

Thanks Paul, I'm going to pass your note to my more technical friend to see if he could help set this up. 

It's amzing though - all I want to do is play a song on SONOS! 

It would be even nicer if Vodafone would give you your logon credentials so you can use a more competent Router/Modem and put your Vodafone supplied offering in the bin. I am sure this would enable your Sonos to work.

@WillVXR - yes all of that.   The only thing that would get me to think otherwise is if suddenly they unleash some of the vodafone box pottential thus far unknown...  Like the 3G/4G stuff what's that for ?   And the telephone ports in the back... what are they for ?  

No doubt they never will but a little bit of me does remain intrigued as to what might be inside there is it was opened up  😉

Not long to go folks, then I'll be glad to see the back of Vodafone. What a huge mistake it was to sign up to broadband!! My line still drops late evening and therefore BT have capped it at about 20MB less than the line supports. Customer service is beyond S**T!

And yes, both my mobile phone contracts will be terminated shortly afterwards too. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

jaysy
4: Newbie
Do you have any APs or are you just using the Vodafone router as your only wifi point??

No further news on the patch to fix the fault I proved.

jaysy
4: Newbie
The current firmware fixed the wifi to lan issues (supposedly).

so if all wired direct to VF connect (PC and both printers) you can ping both printers from you pc and from the router .... The PC prints fine to both...

You then unplug lan cable from PC and join wifi, but you then can only print to one of the printers?

can you ping both the printers though from you PC and the router? I assume that one that don't work fails?

Did you make sure all the Anti V and firewalls are off (just for test) to make sure FW isnt blocking specific ports causing one to fail as I have had that before.

What happens if you fully restart the connect only join PC via wifi and then plug in the printers?

One more thing, just to be sure we're both got the same kit, my router shows as hardware: Huawei 963168_HUAWEIVOX25, software :5.4.8.1.271.1.59

My router reports;

Huawei 963168_HUAWEIVOX25

Firmware version: 5.4.8.1.271.1.59

So, yeah looks to be the same router and Firmware. Let's just see if the next firmware update resolves this issue.

I am sure at this stage that the VF WiFi is isolated, for whatever reason. Given the DIY I had to do over the weekend to hide another router in a cupboard and the time spent so far on this, I can't see me switching the VF WiFi back on ever 😃