Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

I also have found the same issue with my Router, its just got wifi/lan isolation stuck on and the 2 networks are just not able to see each other.

I am SO glad I found this thread!!

I've got exactly the same problem as @jaysy and others have described.  Symptoms first manifested themselves when I had an AP installed and couldn't connect to Sonos.  Have had both Sonos and the AP manufacturer supporting, but tied this down to the Vodafone router (as other, using another router for wifi).

Have had REAL issues with support though saying is an issue with my equipment when it clearly isn't.

@jaysy - do you have a contact within vodafone who is providing this information or a department name?

I have this same issue!

Unable to connect to devices on the LAN over Wifi! Completely unacceptable really!

What are Vodafone doing about this? When can we use our own routers?

I'm happy with the speed but the router is underperforming!!!

@jaketame - do you have access points too?  Same issue as @jaysy and myself have?  If so, @jaysy is in contact with support and the'yre working on a fix.

The LAN devices are connected via a switch into PowerLine.

Devices > Switch > Powerline > Powerline > Vodafone Router

And you only have the Vodafone router to connect to wirelessly?  No other access points or extenders?

What devices are at the end of the switch and are you connecting to them from your phone/laptop?

When I only had the router for wifi, I was able to see my NAS and console - both connected via powerline adapters.  No switch though.  Might be worth connecting one of the devices directly to the powerline adapter, removing the switch just to rule that out.  Also, if possible connect one of the devices directly to one of the router's LAN ports and see if that makes a differences - rules out a faulty powerline adapter.

Only the Voda router yes, No AP or extenders

HP Microserver

iPhone over Wifi can connect ok

MBP over Wifi cannot connect

they on diff wifi frequencies?

MBP on on 5ghz and the iPhone on 2.4ghz??

i havent connected anything to 5ghz and never tested it...  as i made it have a diff SSID (that i never connected or configured to connect any device to) 

So not to confuse me any further with what i am getting to make sure i was centralised on 1 wifi point on 1 band.

jaysy - Good spot, iPhone is 2.4Ghz and MBP is on the 5Ghz network. Def an issue with the router then! I will test the MBP joining the 2.4Ghz to see if that makes much of a difference but def looks like a router issue

Ok, all wifi devices on the 2.4Ghz can now connect to the LAN device however anything on the 5Ghz network cannot! Fundamental flaw!