Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

jaketame
4: Newbie
No fix

Workarounds.

All wifi devices can be on 2.4Ghz network and work ok.
attach another router to the Vodafone router and use that instead for dhcp/lan/wan. - my current method as wifi drops of Vodafone router too.

crysec
Three months, no patch.

MonkeyJabba
Bit longer than three months...

sat505
5: Helper
What worries me is it took nearly 12 months for the 1st firmware update to address major issues to be released so I think it highly unlikely we'll see a fix for this issue before next summer 😢

crowster80
Change of router as I was getting daily dropouts with hard reset needed to gain wifi. I run sky 3 connections sonos 9 connections 3 access points as the wifi does not work hive a nasty and a lighting system. All hardwired I told vodaphone this at the start. After router swap I have all kinds of issues and I said that this is a known problem they asked if the dsl line was OK and apparently have absolutely no record of me calling up with issues in the past. This modem is not fit for purpose and now everyday having to reset but still getting various drop outs.. they have logged it with tech team who will supposedly call me back in 24 hours... Sarah please make the tech team aware of these issues so I can draw a line under this terrible experience and go to a provider that can service my needs. This has poisoned my 20 year relationship with Vodafone and I highly doubt that I will consider them at upgrade time etc if they try and hold me into this product...

Please refer to my comment above and give our technical team a call.

Thanks,

Sarah 

@Sarah, please refer to mine and @daviesr's earlier comments. This is not a problem that your telephone support can help with, people have tried that many times and to no avail.  There is a problem with the firmware on the router that can currently only be worked around as mentioned above and what is needed is an update to the router code. Unfortunately repeatably being given stock answers and told to ring a support desk that we know can't help is somewhat frustrating.

crowster80
The technical team are due to call and I will mention your comment thx

Unfortunately, no number of calls to the tech team will resolve this.  It's a known issue and a fix is being worked on, but expectations for a firmware release should be early 2017.

In the meantime, some have worked around the issue by disabling 5Ghz Wifi and only operating on 2.4Ghz (reboot of everything required), or not using the routers wifi at all.  Personally, this is what I've done - connect an old router to the vodafone router, disabling everyhing other than Wifi, then turning the wifi off on the vodafone router.  Far from ideal.

crowster80
I just had a call with the support guys and to be fair they get it. However the options they give might not suit but give them a try