Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

Plan to use the vodafone connect as dumb modem. I have a netgear router.

Do I connect ethernet cable from 'LAN' port on vodafone to 'Internet' port on netgear or to the 'LAN' port ?

thanks

put it into the "Internet" port of the netgear

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

That's wrong unless it can detect there's no need to 'log in'.  Connections should be LAN to LAN as the VF router is acting as the modem.  Simplest set up is to turn off wifi on the VF router, then on the netgear, disable DHCP and set its IP address to be something such as 192.168.1.250

Mine is set up like this and working fine.

In the netgear when entering the settings manually, you can state that no login is required.

So in the netgear I intend to enter the gateway IP as 192.168.1.1 which is the VF. Then give the netgear a static IP ie 192.168.1.12. Letting the netgear handle dhcp etc.

I'm new to Vodafone and it's a disaster due to their unability to support SONOS! Here's my story so far - any advice from anyone on a fix?

Warning to all! Moved to Vodafone Broadband last week and on my second router already and still doesn't work. Every time you call for help they pass you onto the technical team - they can't transfer you but simply say someone will call you back in 48 hours. Given the fact I need to be in the house to talk them through the issue it appears I need to sit by the phone for the next 48 hours! With no escalation path it appears I simply have to wait again! Be warned when considering your next broadband provider!!!

This gets better! After literally no support Vodafone have now told me to leave and find somebody else because their router doesn't support Sonos the world leading home music system. After two weeks of waiting of call backs and deliveries I'm now very frustrated. I've even offered to buy my own router, but they can't even support that! Shocked!

I have been suffering Broadband droputs virtually from Day1 when I receive an incoming call. Because it doesn't happen every time, it is difficult to prove and even though I muist have been in touch with support 6 times or more, it never happens when they call me.

I am convinced it is a Router problem as it never happened with BT, O2, Madasafish or Sky, only VF.

It took me ages to realise what was happening and I only twigged when my Logitech Duet or Radio went down when I got an incoming call.

Only a few months to go and then I'm off.

bassbunny, whilst with a previous provider I too was getting disconnects when receiving an incoming call. I found it improved when I put a filter between the modem and the master socket. However I could demonstrate it consistently, so logged it as a line fault despite being warned (off) if they couldn't find anything they'd charge me. line man came round, could see the problem (seperate fibre modem so I could show the instant disconnect) and ended up laying a fresh new cable fom where the wire arrived at my property to a fresh new master faceplate,and around to a new sub socket. i.e. a total rewire.

It cured the problem.....

I've already been through changing the microfilter and a new master socket faceplate. VF did agree to arrange Openreach to come out and then changed their minds.

I've lost the will to live now and just want to go to a competent BB provider.

Vodafone Broadband have yet again surpassed themselves!

They called me to try and resolve the issue and then told me they can't talk to me as the password needs to come from my wife! Why call me then and how have I managed to discuss the problem forthe past two weeks! My blood is boiling!

Has anyone had any luck escalating beyond the basic customer service team?

@ Bassbunny

Welcome to the club! The fact is that Vodafone are aware that there are several hundred of us technically competent people who want to use our own equipment. However, since we are more competent that their own incredibly incompetent tech 2 staff, they won't grant our request. I have already put half a dozen people off from signing up to VF broadband and I know that others are doing the same.

My contract is up soon. Bye bye to VF broadband.