You are here:

Pay monthly products & services

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster

Re: Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

Thanks bassbunny - very helpful posts

I've recently had Sonos and Android TV systems install throughout my house, and the installer was here for several extra days trying to get to the bottom of a problem connecting the Sonos controller to the players after switching from a wireless AP back to the Vodafone router wifi .. the workaround has been to disable wifi on the Vodafoe router and install extra wireless APs.

After spending 4 hours today with Sonos tech support connected to my network trying to get to the bottom of the problem, I found your post.

I guess this announcement is the firmware we're waiting for:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Vodafone-Broadband/m-p/2456133#M175

PS I like the statement "The issue is due to the design of some of these LAN media streamers"

Message 21 of 367 (21,509 Views)

Yep had the same thing as I wanted to use my Sonos speaker over the wifi and not over sonosnet.... The controllers couldn't see my speakers or i could only see the ones I was on the same AP as .... And not all of them.... Just nothing was working like it was before on my old setup and router (AP's haven't changed) was definitely the VF router introduction, now I have a switch in front of my VF router and everything goes into that with a single cable running to VF router and that seems ok.

JZ
Message 22 of 367 (21,501 Views)

@chrisox33
I tried explaining this to the technical support on the phone about what is a powerline adapter, he had no clue. Also he didn't know there was a firmware update due to be released.
Anyone knows if the firmware update has been pushed through the router yet?
Message 23 of 367 (20,070 Views)

No not many days left in Feb is there.... My VF router is a modem (WiFi off and everything disabled) currently and using my old dlink router in front of it and 2 other dlink APs one cabled the other power line.
Works perfectly without the VF router doing anything other than serving up my internet!!!
Message 24 of 367 (20,051 Views)

APs all connect into the dlink router, 1 cable from there to the VF modem... Works great but a lot of hassle to get here
Message 25 of 367 (20,050 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

There was an announcement that this issue would be fixed in February, but since thern there has been no update from Vodafone when we will be able to get full use from our wireless networks. Any information would be useful.

Thanks

Message 26 of 367 (19,726 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

[ Edited ]

I originally posted the problem (4th post) and workaround in this thread yet we are still awaitng a resolution and a rebate for spending out on a switch to circumvent Vodafone Router shortcomings.

Message 27 of 367 (19,707 Views)

Had VF installed last Friday and seem to be having Similar issues. Can't see Apple TV devices that are wired in over AirPlay, can't see NAS media server, can't see sky TVs boxes for remote control connectivity. Workaround for media server is to connect it to a small hub before router but this only works for devices not connecting via wifi unless I install a separate wifi access point. Apparently my firmware is up to date so this is clearly still an issue. Waiting a call back from tech support
Message 28 of 367 (19,309 Views)

@tezmar
Good luck with the call back. Can you post here once you get the call back. I don't think there is a firmware update since many are being told that they have the latest update, eventhough the firmware has not changed since last year.
Can you also post your current firmware version here?
Message 29 of 367 (19,227 Views)
Topics: 2
Solutions: 8

@tezmar

If you've not received your callback, please call our Broadband team on 08080 034515 and we'll be able to see what happened to this for you.

@Braj_chan

We're not been aware of any upcoming firmware updates, so we can help with your connectivity issues, please come and speak to the  team on 08080 034515 and we'll be happy to help.

Message 30 of 367 (19,114 Views)

Hi Mark

Thanks for responding to the thread. This post announced the planned firmware update:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Vodafone-Broadband/m-p/2456133#M175

Message 31 of 367 (19,110 Views)

There's not a lot of point in contacing the Tech Team when the problem is already known as is the solution, that being a firmware change to the router.

Wish I had stayed with Sky. The App is rubbish as well. I'm sick of having to uninstall/reinstall it to get it to work.

Message 32 of 367 (19,106 Views)

My firmware version is: Software version 5.4.8.1.160.13.77

From looking at previous threads it seems to suggest this version is from last year.

Had a call back from tech support over weekend who advised its known issue but no fix as yet.
Message 33 of 367 (19,049 Views)

I am getting to the stage that I would like to walk away from my 18 month contract with no penalty because of this problem.

Doable?

Message 34 of 367 (19,044 Views)

You and me both. I spent years setting up a complete home media streaming system and getting rid of CD's/DVD's etc, and this is an absolute pain.

Absolutely no problem with my previous Internet Providers.

Message 35 of 367 (19,039 Views)

Ditto, I have a Netgear ReadyNAS with all my music & photos on and yes everything worked fine pre Vodafone.

Message 36 of 367 (19,036 Views)

Funnily enough I bought a Netgear ReadyNAS at the same time as the migration to VF so i could pension off the Desktop PC I was using as my Media Server. It's still in it's box.

Message 37 of 367 (18,990 Views)
Topics: 83
Solutions: 100

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the frustration this has caused.

As soon as any more information is available we'll update the Vodafone Broadband statement.

For all broadband queries, please call 08080 034 515

Message 38 of 367 (18,951 Views)

The answer from VF customers is simple ... VF Product Development need to source a fix, if other broadband service providers support this functionality on products (i.e. BT Homehub 4) who's technology is now deemed to be 'older generation' then current VF products not supporting it is a design failure, not a fault or a technical issues! ... come on VF, bite the bullet, admit it's a failing of your product and simply fix it!!

Message 39 of 367 (18,935 Views)

[ Edited ]

I agree entirely, it pretty crass that VF blame other products that are not their own for non-confirmity, when those products work with BT etc perfectly fine.

Its entirely a VF Router problem in my opinion and needs fixing yesterday.

From my recent posting activity perhaps people looking in will notice that I patiently waited for February update which never happened and its now MID MARCH.

Message 40 of 367 (18,890 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up