You are here:

Pay monthly products & services

Ask a question:
Topics: 3
Solutions: 5

Re: Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

Hi @WillVXR and @jaysy

Sorry to hear you're both experiencing difficulties with your routers at the moment.

Have you been in touch with the broadband team? 

They should be able to investigate this for you and find the cause of the error.

Thanks,

Viki

Message 141 of 367 (12,971 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

fault already proved to your tier3 and they have taken it away to write fix for it.

Message 142 of 367 (12,969 Views)
Topics: 3
Solutions: 5

Okay, thank for the update.

Please let me know how it goes.

Viki

Message 143 of 367 (12,944 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Saw the flurry of posts on this topic so I took a look and was pleased to see the improvement in configuration options in my VF router with the new firmware, also that my previous settings had been preserved through the update. I realise that some are still unhappy but the features I wanted to see (e.g. DNS address visibility and ability to change - yes I know to a WAN address but I'm guessing most people will be using DNS over WAN). Credit where credit is due, Vodafone ARE responding to customer feedback and I'm quite happy with the network availability and speed at my location.
Message 144 of 367 (12,872 Views)
Topics: 4
Solutions: 10

Thank you for your positive comments, I will pass this on for you Smiley Happy

Louise

Message 145 of 367 (12,635 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

[ Edited ]

So Louise, one person is happy and comments will be passed on.

Thats great (sarcasm intended) when I can't even print from my wireless computer to my wired printers, although  I can when thay are all wired.

Message 146 of 367 (12,589 Views)

I also have found the same issue with my Router, its just got wifi/lan isolation stuck on and the 2 networks are just not able to see each other.

Message 147 of 367 (11,815 Views)

I am SO glad I found this thread!!

I've got exactly the same problem as @jaysy and others have described.  Symptoms first manifested themselves when I had an AP installed and couldn't connect to Sonos.  Have had both Sonos and the AP manufacturer supporting, but tied this down to the Vodafone router (as other, using another router for wifi).

Have had REAL issues with support though saying is an issue with my equipment when it clearly isn't.

@jaysy - do you have a contact within vodafone who is providing this information or a department name?

Message 148 of 367 (11,686 Views)

I have this same issue!

Unable to connect to devices on the LAN over Wifi! Completely unacceptable really!

What are Vodafone doing about this? When can we use our own routers?

I'm happy with the speed but the router is underperforming!!!

Message 149 of 367 (11,661 Views)

@jaketame - do you have access points too?  Same issue as @jaysy and myself have?  If so, @jaysy is in contact with support and the'yre working on a fix.

Message 150 of 367 (11,654 Views)

The LAN devices are connected via a switch into PowerLine.

Devices > Switch > Powerline > Powerline > Vodafone Router

Message 151 of 367 (11,651 Views)

And you only have the Vodafone router to connect to wirelessly?  No other access points or extenders?

What devices are at the end of the switch and are you connecting to them from your phone/laptop?

When I only had the router for wifi, I was able to see my NAS and console - both connected via powerline adapters.  No switch though.  Might be worth connecting one of the devices directly to the powerline adapter, removing the switch just to rule that out.  Also, if possible connect one of the devices directly to one of the router's LAN ports and see if that makes a differences - rules out a faulty powerline adapter.

Message 152 of 367 (11,640 Views)

Only the Voda router yes, No AP or extenders

HP Microserver

iPhone over Wifi can connect ok

MBP over Wifi cannot connect

Message 153 of 367 (11,634 Views)

[ Edited ]

they on diff wifi frequencies?

MBP on on 5ghz and the iPhone on 2.4ghz??

i havent connected anything to 5ghz and never tested it...  as i made it have a diff SSID (that i never connected or configured to connect any device to) 

So not to confuse me any further with what i am getting to make sure i was centralised on 1 wifi point on 1 band.

Message 154 of 367 (11,617 Views)

jaysy - Good spot, iPhone is 2.4Ghz and MBP is on the 5Ghz network. Def an issue with the router then! I will test the MBP joining the 2.4Ghz to see if that makes much of a difference but def looks like a router issue

Message 155 of 367 (11,607 Views)

Ok, all wifi devices on the 2.4Ghz can now connect to the LAN device however anything on the 5Ghz network cannot! Fundamental flaw!

Message 156 of 367 (11,600 Views)

[ Edited ]

Good stuff
At least you have connectivity now and it will work for you :-)
Glad I could help ..

I will give it a try if I have time over the weekend see if i can get the same

Like I said before I not used 5ghz at all.

(but I remember before you couldnt split the SSID on diff frequencies on prev FW and my MBP loved the 5ghz).

When I got the new FW and still had my same issues (with APs in my network) I took 5ghz straight out out the equation and focused on 2.4 only and found what i found and left it at that.

but i will test similar to see if i get the same, will need to check to see if this feature is known with support..

Maybe why some others are having with just the connect router are having issues post latest FW with newer devices that connect to 5ghz??

I think with just connect on 2.4 it should all be ok.. i seems to have no problems until APs were introduced in my network.

JZ

Message 157 of 367 (11,583 Views)

On the 5Ghz network my MBp couldn't see the powerline devices either so I will test connecting the server direct to the router and MBP on the 5Ghz to see the effect.

Message 158 of 367 (11,565 Views)

Again case for letting us use our own routers!!
Message 159 of 367 (11,564 Views)

@jaketame

The business case for not allowing users to have their own modem / router makes sense when you consider that it makes troubleshooting from VodaFone's perspective much easier.

What they have done is cripple the router enough that it is easy to fix and fits the majority of use case scenarios. The problem is that the router is not fit for purpose as it neglects a lot of advanced, and even some very general use cases. Hence this thread.

While I am sure that the tech team will fix most general use cases with a Firmware update at some stage, I feel that the policy of allowing anything other than basic customisation will remain firmly in place.

This in mind, I have set the VodaFone router as effectively modem only and left the basic networking stuff to more capable routers.

Message 160 of 367 (11,556 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up