cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone (I Have Been A Victim of Fraud)

shayukeM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

First post here... I am disgusted by Vodafone. On Tuesday 7th June 2016 I contacted to cancel (via 191 method) my only Vodafone line (which is due to to expire in 1 month time). The woman on the phone went through the cancellation and clearly told me my contract will expire July 6th 2016 and the SIM card will get deactivated and ensured me to backup any contacts which may be stored on the SIM.

Yesterday I received two letters from Vodafone each with different account number and mobile number stating thank you for signing up with Vodafone;

1st letter = £47.00 a month for Unlimited Calls & Texts / 12GB Data

2nd letter = £52.00 a month for Unlimited Calls & Texts / 12GB Data

Now I tried ringing both those numbers and they go to voicemail straight away. However no sign of SIM cards or phones for that matter (at the ridiculous price of £47.00 a month and 52.00 a month LOL). This is just disgusting that Vodafone without my consent signed me up to two new contracts. I am 100% certain this is illegal. I tried to contact Vodafone but the lines were closed.

(Will try in morning 10/06/2016). I will keep this thread updated. Any staff from Vodafone care to help with this or shed some light? Now what are my options other than contacting Vodafone (which I am going to do)? First of all Vodafone signing me up to two new contracts without my consent is illegal. Second this could had lead me to bad credit history as I don't have that amount of money each month to pay two contracts if I didn't receive these two letters (I wouldn't even known). I also keep getting harassed by Vodafone team (from Rotherham UK) number ending in 8614 would you like to stay with Vodafone. I am clearly 100% not interested.

***UPDATE***

I have been a victim of fraud. Post title has been updated and I am sorry if I pointed finger at Vodafone first. 

13 REPLIES 13

Swanieeva
1: Seeker
Someone went and got a contract on my name for an iPhone 7. Vodafone fraud is working on it but my question will the phone be blocked or will the person be able to use it?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Swanieeva - If you’ve reported this and our Fraud team confirm that fraud has been found on the account, both the line and the phone will both be barred.

If you need any further help with this, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

Hi Jenny,

i need to speak with the fraud team, can you please send me their contact details or yours as it’s a complicated matter, many thanks, Rashid

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rashidkhan - So that we can help with this, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.