cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone (I Have Been A Victim of Fraud)

shayukeM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

First post here... I am disgusted by Vodafone. On Tuesday 7th June 2016 I contacted to cancel (via 191 method) my only Vodafone line (which is due to to expire in 1 month time). The woman on the phone went through the cancellation and clearly told me my contract will expire July 6th 2016 and the SIM card will get deactivated and ensured me to backup any contacts which may be stored on the SIM.

Yesterday I received two letters from Vodafone each with different account number and mobile number stating thank you for signing up with Vodafone;

1st letter = £47.00 a month for Unlimited Calls & Texts / 12GB Data

2nd letter = £52.00 a month for Unlimited Calls & Texts / 12GB Data

Now I tried ringing both those numbers and they go to voicemail straight away. However no sign of SIM cards or phones for that matter (at the ridiculous price of £47.00 a month and 52.00 a month LOL). This is just disgusting that Vodafone without my consent signed me up to two new contracts. I am 100% certain this is illegal. I tried to contact Vodafone but the lines were closed.

(Will try in morning 10/06/2016). I will keep this thread updated. Any staff from Vodafone care to help with this or shed some light? Now what are my options other than contacting Vodafone (which I am going to do)? First of all Vodafone signing me up to two new contracts without my consent is illegal. Second this could had lead me to bad credit history as I don't have that amount of money each month to pay two contracts if I didn't receive these two letters (I wouldn't even known). I also keep getting harassed by Vodafone team (from Rotherham UK) number ending in 8614 would you like to stay with Vodafone. I am clearly 100% not interested.

***UPDATE***

I have been a victim of fraud. Post title has been updated and I am sorry if I pointed finger at Vodafone first. 

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @shayukeM

I'm not surprised your upset at recieving these letters in regards to new contracts. 

Either this has been an error by the agent or an act of fraud by someone managing to open accounts in your name. Vodafone in my opinion wouldn't commit fraud. 

I'm sure once you've spoken to Customer service on 191 or by Live Chat they'll quash the two contracts that you haven't authorised.

If you speak to Vodafone by Live Chat then remember to request transcripts ,and if you can screenshot the conversation just incase the email they send glitches. 

Regarding the Contract you've given 30 days notice on. I assume you haven't used a PAC to move your number to another network? If you have then remember to use the PAC code within 30 days of recieving it off Vodafone. 

You'll recieve the final bill by post which is paid by your Direct Debit which is why it's important not to cancel that at this stage.

Vodafone will also send you a £0 bill and then a Sorry You Leaving Letter which then confirms the contract has ceased. 

When-will-I-receive-my-final-bill.

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. And members of the Vodafone Tech Team do try to help and advise where they can. 

Vodafone ring customers from certain numbers which can be found in Is-it-Vodafone-calling.

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Good morning,

I have to say that I'd 100% agree with your frustration with this situation and it's clear from your original posting that is causing great concern.

Whilst I wouldn't like to speculate on if this is bad practise by an individual agent or a system error. Either way Vodafone will resolve this for you. You didn't sign up to new contacts and they'll see that and sort this out.

Please do update though and let us all know this has been resolved for you. 

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi shayukeM

I understand your worry at this. I can assure you that Vodafone take these matters very seriously and we will fully investigate. I have sent you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Thanks, 
Louise

Update 10/06/2016

Spoke to Vodafone support via 191. Everything got logged on the system and they noticed these several transactions were made on the same day about 5 (only 2 orders someone how got through). Basically someone used my details to take out two contracts (however used their own card details not mine). So the Vodafone agent took all necessary details from me and got this escalated over to the fraud team (who will be in touch with me in the next couple of days). 

So far sign of RELIEF! I shall wait an update from Vodafone fraud team.

So what I have done is I have reported this with ActionFraud and I have registered with CIFAS to ensure no more fradulent transactions or pruchases using my details.

Hello shayukeM

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Firstly, I am relieved to hear this issue is being fully investigated by our team. I completely understand your upset and worry at this. 

Please keep this forum updated on the outcome of the fraud investigation.

All the best, Louise

I will do :Smiling:

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@shayukeM

As someone has tried to scam you with Vodafone it will be worth you checking your credit file to check if they have tried this with another company in your name.

You can get an online copy of your credit report for £2 from Experian

If there are any entries you do not recognise you should contact Exprian and explain this to them and also ask that a Notice of Correction be put on your credit file.

1. What is a Notice of Correction?

A Notice of Correction is a short explanatory note (up to 200 words) you can add to an entry on your credit report to explain the background to that information for example, the reason for a late payment. Anyone searching your credit report in the future will see the Notice and they must take account of it when you apply for credit. (This might slow down your application)

1. How do I leave a Notice of Correction?

Simply send a letter to the Credit Reference Agency with the wording you would like to add to your file and your full name and address. Please remember to sign your letter.

Please remember that the Notice of Correction can't be more than 200 words long, defamatory, libellous, incorrect or frivolous. The note will remain on your Credit file until you ask for it to be removed.

Thanks applied for the online report said it will take few days to receive report. 

What can I put for Notice of Correction if there is something out of the blue that I don't recognise?

Can I put; Was a victim of Identity Fraud. 

For the Notice of Correction?

kids

Yes you can say that you "were a victim of fraud which can be verified by Vodafone".

If there are any other entries that do not belong to you you can list them and say that you have notified Experian of the entries.

It seems weird that someone using you personal details used their own card details. Assuming it was their details they are not exactly the brain of the century are they?.